In 4th grade word problems on addition we will learn the addition of numbers with more than four digits. These word problems are based on addition.
The following are some examples of fourth grade math word problems on addition:
1. The price of a Maruti car is $185990 while the price of a Hero Honda motor-cycle is $34576. Find the total cost of the two.
Therefore total price of Maruti car and Hero Honda = $220566
2. In a city, there were 63450 men, 59252 women and 33258 children. What was the total population of the city?
Solution:Number of men = 6 3 4 5 0
Therefore the total population of the city = 1 5 5 9 6 0.
3. What is the sum of 5437, 1328 and 1237?
The given numbers are arranged in columns5 4 3 7
Therefore sum = 8002
3. A Shopkeeper sold 5160 bottles of orange juice and 3190 bottles of mango juice in a month. How many bottles were sold in all?
Bottles of orange juice sold = 5160
Bottles of mango juice sold = 3190
Total number of bottles sold = 5160 + 3190 = 8350
4. Five thousand, ninety-six visitors attended the tournament on Monday. The next day, four thousand, nine hundred one visitors attended. How many visitors attended the tournament in all? Find both actual and the estimated sum.
Number of visitors on Monday = 5096
Number of visitors next day = 4901
Total Number of visitors = 5096 + 4901 = 9997
Estimated sum 5096 → 5100
Nearest to tens 4901 → 4900
Therefore, 5100 + 4900 = 10000