Practice the questions given in the worksheet on increase percentage.
We know, increase percent is calculated on the original value. To find the increase % the formula is (increase in value/original value) × 100 %.
1. Find the increase percent:
(i) 70 by 7 %
(ii) 54 by 17 %
(iii) 60 by 3 %
(iv) 52 by 131/2 %
(v) 275 by 5 %
(vi) 31 by 100 %
(vii) 480 by 1.25 %
(viii) 200 by 2.5 %
(ix) 20 by 3/4 %
Find the number which when increased by:
(i) 1.5 % becomes 406
(ii) 0.4 % becomes 753
(iii) 12 % becomes 168
(iv) 125 % becomes 36
3. The enrollment in a school increased by 15 % from the year 2012 to 2013. If 1500 enrolled in 2012, how many enrolled in 2013.
4. A boy’s marks are raised from 45 to 54. What is the percentage increased?
5. By what number must the given number be multiplied to increase the number by 10%?
6. The population of a town increased from 60000 to 62500. What is the increase percent?
7. The price of rice rises from $10 per kg to $12 per kg. Find the percentage rise in the price of rice?
8. In a state, the number of villages electrified in the first year was 13600. It rose to 17000 in the second year. Find the percentage increase in the number of villages electrified in the second year.
9. The population of a small locality was 4000 in 2000 and became 4500 in 2002. By what percent did the population increases?
10. On increasing the salary of a clerk by 10 %, his salary is increased by 1800. What was his original salary?
11. The price of an article increases from 80 cents to $1 Express the increases in its price as percent.
12. What number when increased by 14 % become 570?
13. A man got 10% increase in his salary. If his new salary is 55000, find his previous salary.
14. The salary of a man is $7200 per month and is now increased by 8 %. Find his new salary per month.
15. On increasing the price of a bed-sheet by 20 %, it becomes 420. What is its original price?
Answers for the worksheet on increase percentage are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions.
1. (i) 74.9
2. (i) 400
4. 20 %
5. 11/106. 41/6
7. 20 %
8. 25 %
9. 12.5 %
11. 25 %
Worksheet on Fraction into Percentage
Worksheet on Percentage into Fraction
Worksheet on Percentage into Ratio
Worksheet on Ratio into Percentage
Worksheet on Percentage into Decimal
Worksheet on Percentage of a Number
Worksheet on Finding Value of a Percentage
Worksheet on Percentage of a Given Quantity
Worksheet on Word Problems on Percentage
Worksheet on Increase Percentage
Worksheet on Decrease Percentage
Worksheet on increase and Decrease Percentage
Worksheet on Expressing Percent
Worksheet on Finding Percentage
Math Home Work Sheets
From Worksheet on Increase Percentage to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
Percentage of the given Quantity
How much Percentage One Quantity is of Another?
Real Life Problems on Percentage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.