In 4th grade worksheet on word problems on addition, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems based on addition. This exercise sheet on addition can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve the worksheet on word problems on addition.
1. In an examination, 75,236 students passed and 14,892 students failed. Find how many students appeared for the examination.
2. There are 3,786 men, 3,672 women and 1,508 children in a village. Find the total population of the village.
3. There are 5,873 male and 6,389 female primary teachers in a city. Find the total number of teachers in the city.
4. In a school there are the following numbers of students:
127 in grade one, 120 in grade two, 110 in grade three, 100 in grade four and 93 in grade five. Find the total number of students in the school.
5. A man plucked 435 mangoes from one tree, 450 mangoes from the second tree and 295 mangoes from the third tree. Find the total number of mangoes plucked from the trees.
6. A school library has 3,730 books in French, 2,531 books in English, and 5,368 books in other languages. How many books are there in library?
7. There are 37,536 bags of wheat, 35,380 bags of rice and 25,240 bags of gram in a store. Find the total number of bags in the store.
8. A school management spent $ 26,756 on teachers pay, $ 325,378 on building construction, $ 5,780 on games and $ 8,235 on other work. Find the total amount spent on different items by the school management.
9. A man plucked 375 apples from one tree, 504 apples from the second tree and 229 apples from the third tree. Find the total number of apples plucked from the trees.
10. A toy factory manufactured 52,253 toys in January, 50,375 toys in February and 608,368 toys in March. How many toys were manufactured in the above mentioned months in total?
11. Mr. Jones goes to the shop to buy furniture for his house. He buys a double bed for $57930 and a sofa for $39860. What is the total amount spent by Mr. Jones at the shop.
12. According to a census, there were 45779 females in a town. The number of males is 2336 more. What is the total population of the town?
13. 7883 people visited the zoo on Friday, 6596 on Saturday and 8224 on Sunday. How many people visited the zoo on these 3 days?
14. Ron is studying aboard. During his holidays, he travels to his home town. To reach his home town he covered 4562 km by air and 1057 km by bus. What is the total distance travelled by him to reach the home town?
15. Ron deposited $13645 in bank on Tuesday and $6880 on Wednesday. What is the amount of money deposited by him in bank in these 2 days?
16. Shelly went to buy furniture for her room and had $15000. She selects two different tables at the shop –
(i) a square table costing $9640
(ii) a round table costing $7890.
She has already bought a chair for $5999. Which table would she be able to buy?
17. An overhead tank has 4670 litres of water. If 2770 litres of water is added more to the tank, what is the total amount of water in the tank? Give any two ways in which we can conserve water.
18. During a cricket match, 3670 people watched the match from South End, 2270 from North End and 2850 from East End. How many people watched the match?
8. $ 366149
14. 5619 km
16. Round table
17. 7440 litres
If students have any queries regarding the questions in the worksheet on word problems on addition please contact us so that we can help you. However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Four Fundamental Operations - worksheets
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition.
Worksheet on Mixed Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet by Adding or Subtracting.
Worksheet on Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Estimating Sums and Differences.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 2-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 3-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Estimating Products.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Estimating the Quotient.
Worksheet on Dividing Numbers.
Worksheet on Division by Two-Digit Numbers.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Division.
Worksheet on Four Fundamental Operations.
Worksheet on Systems of Numeration.
4th Grade Math Activities
4th Grade Math Worksheets
From Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.