In 4th grade worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems based on addition and subtraction. This exercise sheet on addition and subtraction can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction.
1. What is the sum of 40711 and 73412 and the difference of 82731 and 37128?
2. Find the number which is:
(i) 53172 more than 64278
(ii) 53172 less than 64278
(iii) 1872 more than 23265
(iv) 1872 less than 23265
3. Find the number which exceeds
(i) 17319 by 1279 and
(ii) 23735 by 2035.
4. (i) Which number should be added to 25483 to get the sum of 65785?
(ii) Which number should be subtracted from 52847 to get 22489?
5. How much smaller is 63512 than 94291?
6. Which is greater, 42929 or 91429 and by how much?
7. (i) Find the difference of the two sums, 14581 + 18541 and 23427 + 23243.
(ii) Find the sum of the two differences, 32309 – 23903 and 41724 – 31527.
8. A milk-dairy produces 25,545 litres of milk every day. It supplies 15,625 litres of milk to a milk-depot and the rest to the market. How much milk is supplied to the market?
9. The sum of two numbers is 94506. One of the numbers is 49605. Find the other number.
10. The sum of two numbers is 45000. One of the numbers is 22500. Find the other number. Which part of the sum is the given number?
17. Team A scored 478 runs in first innings and 345 runs in second innings. Team B scored 389 runs in first innings and 472 runs in second innings. Which team won the match and by how many runs?
Answer: Team B, 38 runs
18. Jenny reads 324 pages from her book on Saturday and 259 pages on Sunday. There are 876 pages in the book. How many more pages she has to read?
19. There are 96 flowers of red, yellow and white colors in a basket. If 21 flowers are red and 46 flowers are yellow, how many white flowers are there?
If students have any queries regarding the questions in the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction please fill-up the below comment box so that we can help you. However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Four Fundamental Operations - worksheets