In worksheet on word problems on division, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems involving division. This exercise sheet on word problems on division can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve division problems.
1. 6 children share 12 chocolates. How many does each child get?
2. Ron distributes 12 bananas equally among 4 monkeys. How many bananas does each monkey get?
3. There are 18 apples. Jon arranges them in 3 plates. How many apples are there in each plate?
4. Tom puts. 30 eggs equally in 6 boxes. How many eggs are there in each box?
5. Jenny has 30 stickers. She wants to distribute these equally among 10 children. How many stickers does each child get?
6. There are 1025 students in a school containing 25 sections. If in each section there are equal number of students, find their number in each section.
7. The cost of 15 cycles is $24,405. Find the cost of each cycle.
8. The cost of 35 ceiling fans is $43,050. How much does each fan cost?
9. A school has collected $14,000 from 56 students for the Prime Minister's relief fund. How much has each student paid?
10. 25 students of class X collected $2750 for an orphanage. If each student contributed an equal amount for the cause, how much amount of money was contributed by each student?
11. A train runs 5,580 km in 36 hours. Find the speed of the train in km/hour.
12. A truck was carrying 340 chairs, staked in sets of 5 chairs each. How many stacks of chairs were there on the truck?
13. The product of two numbers is 4131. If one of them is 27, find the other.
14. 840 students were to be seated in 20 rows of an auditorium. If equal number of students sat in each row, how many students were there in each row?
15. If the quotient is 57, the divisor is 45 and the remainder is 29, find the dividend.
16. Tania has a collection of 550 marbles. She wants to put them in Jars. She can put 22 marbles in one jar. How many jars does she need to put all the marbles?
17. The annual income of Sam is $98,364. What is his monthly income if he earns an equal amount every month?
18. A number was divided by 97; the quotient was 286 and the remainder 14. Find the number.
19. On one shelf of the library 21 books can be kept, how many shelves are needed to put 2730 books?
20. When 65 is multiplied by a number, the product is 5590. Find the number.
21. Shelly cut 3825 metres of cloth into 15 equal pieces. What is the length of each piece?
22. 40,000 fruits were distributed among 1,000 children equally. How many fruits did each child get?
23. Kara bought 32 tickets for a movie for $ 7200. What is the cost of each ticket?
24. 44,619 sweets were distributed among 1,000 students of a school. How many sweets will each student get if every student gets an equal number of sweets? How many sweets will be left?
25. The price of 50 bags of wheat is $42,500. Find the price of each bag of wheat.
26. 2250 mobile sets are to be packed equally in 50 cartons. How many mobiles will be kept in each carton?
27. The price of 21 sets of television is $95,865. How much does each T.V. set cost?
28. 168 trees are planted equally in 12 rows. How many trees are there in each row? How many are left to be planted?
29. Divide the sum of 7,000 and 2,839 by 23.
30. A car company manufactured 1674 cars in 31 days of January. If the company manufactured equal number of cars each day, then how many cars were made each day?
23. $ 225
24. 44; 619
27. $ 4565
28. Q = 14, R = 0
29. Q = 427; R = 18
If students have any queries regarding the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on division please fill-up the comment box below so that we can help you.
However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Four Fundamental Operations - worksheets
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition.
Worksheet on Mixed Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet by Adding or Subtracting.
Worksheet on Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Estimating Sums and Differences.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 2-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 3-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Estimating Products.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Estimating the Quotient.
Worksheet on Dividing Numbers.
Worksheet on Division by Two-Digit Numbers.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Division.
Worksheet on Four Fundamental Operations.
Worksheet on Systems of Numeration.
4th Grade Math Worksheets
From Worksheet on Word Problems on Division to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.