In worksheet on measurement of capacity, all grade students can practice the questions on units for measuring capacity. This exercise sheet on measurements can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to learn to measure the capacity of the given line segments according to the questions.
1. Which kind of measure (litre or millilitre) would you use to measure the following things (liquids)?
(i) Milk in a glass
(ii) Medicine in a tea-spoon
(iii) Ink in your pen
(iv) Cough syrup in a bottle
(v) Petrol in a car tank
(vi) Water in a can
(vii) Kerosene oil in a jar
(viii) Paint in a drum
2. What measures will you use to measure the following quantities of given liquid? Write the answer in front of each liquid:
3. How many 200 ml measures of water will fill a:
(i) 1 litre can?
(ii) 4 litre drum?
(iii) 2 litre can?
(iv) 1 litre 400 ml vessel?
4. A jar contains 1200 ml of milk. How many litres and ml of milk is in the jar?
5. How many 100 ml measures of oil will fill the following vessels?
(i) 200 ml of capacity
(ii) 500 ml of capacity
(iii) 700 ml of capacity
(iv) 1 l of capacity
6. Change the following into ml:
(i) 3 l
(ii) 2 l 75 ml
(iii) 5 l 390 ml
7. Change the following into litres and ml:
(i) 4000 ml
(ii) 65035 ml
(iii) 32570 ml
8. There was 5 l 500 ml of milk in my house. In the evening there was only 2 l 750 ml of milk left. How much milk was consumed during the day?
9. A petrol pump had 15900 litres of petrol in stock. During the day 5,950 litres were sold. How much petrol was left?
10. There is the following quantity of water in three vessels:
(i) 54 l 80 ml
(ii) 67 l 384 ml and
(iii) 56 l 156 ml
Find the total quantity of water.
11. A bucket holds 25 litre of water. 17 litres 250 ml of it was taken out and then 3 litre 780 ml was poured in it. How much water is there in the bucket now?
12. A bottle has the capacity to contain 250 ml. How much oil can be filled in 20 such bottles?
13. Among 40 students, 20 litres of juice was distributed. How much juice did each student get?
14. The capacity of a drum is 200 litres. It contains 123 litres of water. How much more water is required to fill it?
15. Out of 350 litres of kerosene oil, 125 l 50 ml was sold. How much is left now?
If students have any queries regarding the questions given in the worksheet on measurement of capacity, please fill-up the comment box below so that we can help you.
However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Measurement - Worksheets