Word problems on multiplication for fourth grade students are solved here step by step.
Problem Sums Involving Multiplication:
1. 24 folders each has 56 sheets of paper inside them. How many sheets of paper are there altogether?
We can add 56 sheets 24 times
Since multiplication is repeated addition we can multiply 56 and 24 to get the answer.
[Sometime, more than one calculation is required.]
Therefore, altogether there are 1344 sheets.
2. A carton holds 24 packets of biscuits. Each packet has 12 biscuits. How many biscuits can be packed in 45 cartons?
In one carton we can pack 24 × 12 biscuits.
In 45 cartons, we can pack 24 × 12 × 45 biscuits.
24 × 12 = 288
→ 40 + 5
Therefore, altogether there are 12,960 biscuits.
Consider the following Examples on Word Problems Involving Multiplication:
1. A book costs $ 67. How much will be paid for 102 such books?
Therefore, cost of 102 books = $ 6834
2. A bicycle costs $ 215. How much will be paid for 87 such bicycles?
3. The monthly salary of a man is $ 2,625. What is his annual income by salary?
Monthly income = $2,625 2 6 2 5
Therefore, annual income = $ 31,500
4. A chair costs $ 452 and a table costs $ 1750. What will be cost of 15 chairs and 30 tables?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.