Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction
In 4th grade worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems based on addition and subtraction. This exercise sheet on addition and subtraction can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction.
1. What is the sum of 40711 and 73412 and the difference of 82731 and 37128?
2. Find the number which is:
(i) 53172 more than 64278
(ii) 53172 less than 64278
(iii) 1872 more than 23265
(iv) 1872 less than 23265
3. Find the number which exceeds
(i) 17319 by 1279 and
(ii) 23735 by 2035.
4. (i) Which number should be added to 25483 to get the sum of 65785?
(ii) Which number should be subtracted from 52847 to get 22489?
5. How much smaller is 63512 than 94291?
6. Which is greater, 42929 or 91429 and by how much?
7. (i) Find the difference of the two sums, 14581 + 18541 and 23427 + 23243.
(ii) Find the sum of the two differences, 32309 – 23903 and 41724 – 31527.
8. A milk-dairy produces 25,545 litres of milk every day. It supplies 15,625 litres of milk to a milk-depot and the rest to the market. How much milk is supplied to the market?
9. The sum of two numbers is 94506. One of the numbers is 49605. Find the other number.
10. The sum of two numbers is 45000. One of the numbers is 22500. Find the other number. Which part of the sum is the given number?
11. There are 63,675 bags of wheat and rice together in the grain stock. The wheat bags are counted as 34,768 in number. Find the number of rice bags.
12. There are 35,278 students in Class III, 32,184 students in Class IV and 25,375 students in Class V in the schools of a city. Find the total number of students reading in Classes III, IV and V. Among these students 60,324 are girls. Find the number of students who are boys.
13. A person had $ 197,865. He gave $ 50,753 to his wife and $ 75,928 to his son. The rest of the money he gave to his daughter. How much did the daughter get?
14. What should be added to the sum of 346568 and 234263 to get the sum of 800000?
15. Sam had $ 52,490. He purchased a cow for $ 15,870 and a buffalo for $ 25,785. How much money is with him now?
16. In case of the following, replace the stars (*) by correct digits.
If students have any queries regarding the questions in the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction please contact us so that we can help you. However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
Four Fundamental Operations - Worksheets
Worksheet on Addition.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition.
Worksheet on Subtraction.
Worksheet on Mixed Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and
Worksheet by Adding or Subtracting.
Worksheet on Estimating Sums and Differences.
Worksheet on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 2-Digit
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 3-Digit
Worksheet on Estimating Products.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Division.
Worksheet on Division Facts.
Worksheet on Estimating the Quotient.
Worksheet on Dividing Numbers.
Worksheet on Division by Two-Digit Numbers.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Division.
Worksheet on Four Fundamental Operations.
Worksheet on Systems of Numeration.
4th Grade Math Activities
4th Grade Math Worksheets
From Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction to HOME PAGE