Rounding decimals are frequently used in our daily life mainly for calculating the cost of the items. In mathematics rounding off decimal is a technique used to estimate or to find the approximate values and to limit the amount of decimal place.
We round off the numbers or approximate the value of decimal to a specified decimal place to make it easy to understand, instead of having a long string of decimal places.
In, rounding decimals we will learn how to round a decimal in different conditions.
● Rounding off to the nearest whole number means, rounding off a decimal to the nearest whole number.
● Rounding off to the nearest tenths means, rounding off a decimal number correct to 1 decimal place.
● Rounding off to the nearest hundredths means, rounding off a decimal number correct to 2 decimal places.
● Rounding off to the nearest thousandths means, rounding off a decimal number correct to 3 decimal places.
● Related Concept
● Conversion of Unlike Decimals to Like Decimals
● Decimal and Fractional Expansion
● Converting Decimals to Fractions
● Converting Fractions to Decimals
● H.C.F. and L.C.M. of Decimals
● Repeating or Recurring Decimal
● BODMAS/PEMDAS Rules - Involving Decimals
● PEMDAS Rules - Involving Integers
● PEMDAS Rules - Involving Decimals
● BODMAS Rules - Involving Integers
● Conversion of Pure Recurring Decimal into Vulgar Fraction
● Conversion of Mixed Recurring Decimals into Vulgar Fractions
● Rounding Decimals to the Nearest Whole Number
● Rounding Decimals to the Nearest Tenths
● Rounding Decimals to the Nearest Hundredths
● Simplify Decimals Involving Addition and Subtraction Decimals
● Multiplying Decimal by a Decimal Number
● Multiplying Decimal by a Whole Number
● Dividing Decimal by a Whole Number
● Dividing Decimal by a Decimal Number
From Rounding Decimals to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.