Any fractional number can be represented on a number line which is known
as fractions on the number line. Here we will learn how to represent
fraction on a number line. We will also learn how to add or subtract
with the help of a fraction number line.
Follow the examples step-by-step how to add or subtract using a fraction number line.
1. Calculate the sum of 3/10 + 4/10 on the fraction number line.
3/10 + 4/10
= (3 + 4)/10
2. Calculate 3/5 + 2/5 on the fraction number line.
3/5 + 2/5
= (3 + 2)/5
3. Find the different on the fraction number line
7/8 - 3/8
7/8 - 3/8
= 4/8 ÷ 4/4
4. Find the difference of 9/10 and 7/10
9/10 - 7/10
= 2/10 or 2/10 ÷ 2/2
● Representation of a Fraction
● Properties of Equivalent Fractions
● Comparison of Like Fractions
● Comparison of Fractions having the same Numerator
● Conversion of Fractions into Fractions having Same Denominator
● Conversion of a Fraction into its Smallest and Simplest Form
● Addition of Fractions having the Same Denominator
● Subtraction of Fractions having the Same Denominator
● Addition and Subtraction of Fractions on the Fraction Number Line
From Fractions on the Number Line to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.