Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on subtraction of mixed fractions. We know to solve the problems on subtracting mixed fractions first we need to convert them into improper fractions and then change the fractions into like fractions to express the difference to its lowest form.
1. Rex ate 3/8 part of sweets and Nancy ate ¼ of it. Who ate more and by how much?
2. Alex studied for 6 ¾ hours and Brandon studied for 3 ¼ hours. Who studied more time and by how long?
3. Terry bought 3 5/6 l of milk and Ron bought 2 ½ l. Who bought more milk and by how much?
4. Adam could finish only 3/8 of his home work. How much is still to be done?
5. Mary gave 1/6 part of her food to her dog. What fraction of food is left with her?
6. Kathy painted ¼ of a wall. Shelly painted 2/5 of the
same. What part of the wall was still left unpainted?
7. Maria lives 2 7/9 km far from her school and Ashley lives 1 5/18 km far from the same school. Who lives farther from the school and by how many kilometres?
8. A container marked 1, contains 2 5/6 l of petrol and another container marked 2, contains 4 1/3 l. Which contains 2 5/6 l of petrol and another container marked 2, contains 4 1/3 l. Which container has more petrol and by what quantity?
9. Sharon had 3 cakes. She eat 1 1/3 in the morning and 1 1/6 in the evening. How much cake was left with her?
10. Kate drank 2/7 part of cold drink and Clara drank 3/7 of it. Who drank more and by how much?
11. Richard bought 6/7 kg of apples and Mike bought 4/7 kg. Who bought more and by what fraction?
12. Mary cut a cake into 5 equal pieces. She and her friends ate 4 pieces of the cake. What fraction of the cake is left?
13. Shelly lives 1 5/7 km away from a temple. Maria lives 1 ¾ km away from the same temple. Who lives farther from the temple and by what fraction?
14. Ashley finished 6/7 of her homework and Angelina 1/3 of the same. Who did more work and by what fraction?
15. Baldwin had 13.5 kg of rice. He sold 7 1/3 kg on one day 5 ½ kg on the other day. How much rice is left unsold?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on subtraction of mixed fractions are given below.
1. Rex, 1/8
2. Alex, 3 1/2
3. Terry, 1 1/3 l
7. Maria, 1 1/2 kg
8. Container marked 2, 1 1/2 l
10. Clara, 1/7
11. 1 3/7 kg
13. Maria, 1/28 km
14. Ashley, 11/21
15. 2/3 kg
● Representation of a Fraction
● Properties of Equivalent Fractions
● Comparison of Like Fractions
● Comparison of Fractions having the same Numerator
● Conversion of Fractions into Fractions having Same Denominator
● Conversion of a Fraction into its Smallest and Simplest Form
● Addition of Fractions having the Same Denominator
● Subtraction of Fractions having the Same Denominator
● Addition and Subtraction of Fractions on the Fraction Number Line
From Worksheet on Word Problems on subtraction of Mixed Fractions to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.