Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on multiplication of mixed fractions. We know to solve the problems on multiplying mixed fractions first we need to convert them into improper fractions and then we multiply as usual.
1. Shelly distributed a fraction of a cake among six girls. Each girl got 1/9 part of the cake. What fraction of the cake did she distribute in all?
2. Alex bought 15 kg sweets on his birthday and distributed ¾ of it among his friends. How much sweets did he distribute?
3. Victor’s weight was 60 kg. He lost 1/10 of his weight in 3 months. How much weight did he lost?
4. Kate had $ 3140. She spent 2/5 of it. What amount did she spend?
5. David had 12 l of milk in a container. He consumed ¾ of it. How much milk is consumed by him?
6. Nancy walks 3 ½ km everyday. What distance does she walk
in a week?
7. Kerry read 2/3 of her chemistry book containing 420 pages. David read ¾ of the same. Who read more pages and by how many pages?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on multiplication of mixed fractions are given below.
2. 11 1/4
3. 6 kg
5. 9 l
6. 24 ½ kg
7. David, 35 pages