How the calendar guides us to know?
The calendar guides us to know:
(i) The date following a definite day.
(ii) The day following a definite date.
(iii) The total number of Sundays in a month.
(iv) Any particular day comes again after 7 days of the month. If it is Tuesday on 7th of January, then the next Tuesday will be 7 + 7 = 14th of January.
(v) The number of days in a month, as January has 31 days and September has 30 days.
(vi) There are 365 days in a year except in a leap year.
Here is a calendar for the month of January 2012.
As an example we will read and interpret the following facts expressed by this calendar.
Sun Mon Tues
Wed Thurs Fri Sat
3 4 5
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
1. How many days are there in the month January?
There are 31 days in January.
2. On which day does the month of January begin?
January begins on Sunday.
3. Which is the first day of the year 20012?
The first day of the year 2012 is Sunday.
4. How many Sundays are there in January 2012?
There are 5 Sundays, the dates being 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, in January.
5. How many times does Friday come in January 2012?
There are 4 Fridays in January 2012.
6. Find the date falling on the second Saturday.
14th January is the date for the second Saturday.
● To Measure the Length of a Line-segment
● Examples on Unit of Mass or Weight
● Units for The Measurement of Capacity
● Examples on Measurement of Capacity
● Antemeridian (a.m.) or Postmeridian (p.m.)
● Reading and Interpreting a Calendar
From Calendar Guides us to Know to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.