Practice the questions given in the worksheet on uniform rate of growth and depreciation.
1. The price of a car is $ 300000. The value of the car depreciates by 20% at the end of the first year and after that it depreciates by 25% every year. What will be the value of the car after 3 years?
2. The value of as machine depreciated for two years at the rate of 10$ per year and then in the third year it increased by 15%. Find the original value (initial cost of the machine), if its value at the end of 3 years is $ 41,917.50.
3. A man bought a flat at $ 1000000. The price of the flat appreciates by 20% in the first year after purchase. Due to some reason, its price in subsequent years goes on depreciating at the rate of 10% every year. If he sells the flat after 3 years, what will be his profit or loss from it?
4. The population of a town decreased by 12% during 1998 and then increased by 8% during 1999. Find the population of the town, at the beginning of 1998, if at the end of 1990 its population was 2,85,120.
5. A man bought a plot of land for $ 160000 and a car for $ 180000 at the same time. The price of the plot of land grows uniformly at the rate of 25% p.a. while the price of the car depreciates by 20% p.a. If the man sells the plot of land as well as the car after 3 years, what will be his profit or loss?
Answers for the worksheet on uniform rate of growth and depreciation are given below.
1. $ 1,35,000
2. $ 45,000
3. Loss of $ 28,000
5. Profit of $ 64,660
● Compound Interest
● Compound Interest - WorksheetWorksheet on Uniform Rate of Depreciation