Math worksheet on volume and surface area of a pyramid will help us to practice the different questions for finding volume of a pyramid and surface area of a pyramid.
1. The base of a right pyramid 12 meter high is an equilateral triangle of side 10√3 meter. Find the volume and slant surface of the pyramid.
2. The length of the edge of a regular tetrahedron is l cm. Find its volume and total lateral surface area.
3. The length of the edge of a regular tetrahedron is 6√6 units. Show that the numerical values of its total surface area and volume are equal.
4. A right pyramid stands on a base 16 cm² and its height is 15 cm find its (a) Slant surface
(b) Whole surface and
5. The base of a right pyramid is a square of area 1600 square cm and the volume of this pyramid is 8000 cubic cm. Find the height, length of the sides-edge and area of a side face of the pyramid.
6. The base of a pyramid 16 cm high is a square whose each side is of length 24 cm. Find the slant height and length of slant edge of the pyramid.
7. The base of a right pyramid is a square of side 20 cm. If its side-faces are equilateral triangles, find its volume and the area of whole surface.
8. The base of a right pyramid is a rectangle whose length and breadth are 8 m and 6 m respectively. If its length of its slant edge is 13 m, find its volume and area of side-faces.
9. A right pyramid 8 feet height stands on a rectangular base of area 42 square feet. If the length of each slant edge be 17 feet find the length and breadth of the rectangular base.
10. The base of a right pyramid is a hexagon. If its height is 10 cm and volume 180√3 cubic cm. Find the length of each side of its base. What is the area of total slant surface of the pyramid?
11. The base of a right pyramid is a regular hexagon of area 54√3 square units. If the area of a side-face of the pyramid 9√6 square units, find its volume.
12. The height of a regular tetrahedron is 4√6. Find the volume and whole surface of the tetrahedron.
Answers for the worksheet on volume and surface area of a pyramid are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions.
1. 300√3 cu. cm. and 195√3 sq. cm.
2. √2/12 l³ cu. cm. and √3 l² sq. cm.
4. (a) 544 sq. cm. (b) 800 sq. cm. (c) 1280 cu. cm.
5. 5 cm, 5√41 cm. and 500 sq. cm.
6. 20 cm. and 4√34 cm.
7. 1885.3 cu. cm. (approx) and 1092.8 sq. cm. (approx)
8. 192 cu. m. and 24(√17 + √10) sq. m.
9. Length = 24 ft and breadth = 18 ft.
10. 6 cm. and 18√127 sq. cm.
11. 162 cu. units.
12. 144√2 cu. cm. and 144√3 sq. cm.
11 and 12 Grade Math
From Worksheet on Volume and Surface Area of a Pyramid to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.