Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on ratio. The questions are based on dividing a given quantity into a given ratio.
1. $80 are to be divided between Alex and David in the ratio 5 : 11. How much does each get?
2. The ratio between two quantities is 3 : 4. If the first is $810, find the second.
3. A field is 80 m in length and 60 m in width. Find the ratio between its width and its length.
4. The age of a man is equal to the sum of the ages of his son and daughter. The ratio of the age of the son to that of the daughter is 5 : 4. If the age of the man is 45 years, find the ages of his son and daughter.
5. A profit of $2,500 is to be shared among three partners in the ratio 6 : 9 : 10. How much does each partner get?
6. Two numbers are in the ratio 10 : 11. Their sum is 168. Find the numbers.
7. Two friends A and B invest some money in a business in the ratio 13 : 12. They make a profit of $ 542600. How much should B receive as profit if the profit is proportional to the investment?
8. How will $105 be shared between Jack, Ken and Aaron; if Jack gets double of what Ken gets, and Ken gets double of what Aaron gets?
9. The subscription fee of a dancing academy is increased from $980 to $1000 per month. Find the ratio of the increased fee to the original fee.
10. In a housing complex the ratio of the number of males to that of the females is 4 : 3. If there were 20 males less and 10 females less then the ratio would have been 5 : 4. How many people were there in the complex?
11. Mr. Jones divides $4,500 among his three children Sam, Ron and Gary in such a way that Sam gets equal to four-times of what Ron gets and Ron gets equal to 2.5 times of what Gary gets. Find what each children get.
12. The length of a line segment AB is 8.1 cm. C is a point on AB such that AC : CB = 7 : 2. Find the length of AC and CB.
13. The population in a city is 180,000; out of which men are 1/3 of the whole population. Find the number of women. Also, find the ratio of the number of women to the whole population.
14. During a test match series of cricket three bowlers A, B and C together took 23 wickets. The ratio of wickets taken by A and B is 4 : 3, and the ratio of those taken by B and C is 2 : 3. Find the wickets taken by A, B and C.
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on ratio are given below to check the exact answers of the above ratio word problems.
1. Alex = $25; David = $55
3. 3 : 4
4. 25 years, 20 years respectively
5. $600, $900 and $1,000
6. 80, 88
7. $ 260448
8. Jack = $60, Ken = $30 and Aaron = $15
9. 1 : 49
11. Sam = $ 3,000; Ron = $ 750 and Gary = $ 300
12. AC = 6.3 cm, CB = 1.8 cm
13. 120,000; 2 : 3.
14. 8, 6, 9 respectively
Math Home Work Sheets
From Worksheet on Word Problems on Ratio to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.