Here we will learn about the graphs of simple functions that is multiples of different numbers.
The example will help us to understand the graph of multiples of different numbers.
1. Draw the graph of the function y = 3x.
2. From the graph, find the value of y, when
(a) x = 4
(b) x = 5
1. The given function is y = 3x.
For some different values of x, the corresponding values of y are given below.
On a graph paper plot
the points O (0, 0), A (1, 3), B (2, 6) and C (3, 9) and join them successively
to obtain the required graph.
2. Reading off from the graph of simple function:
(a) On the x-axis, take the point L at x = 4.
Draw LP ⊥ x-axis, meeting the graph at P.
Clearly, PL = 12 units.
Therefore, x = 4 ⇒ y = 12.
(b) On the x-axis, take the point M at x = 5.
Draw MQ ⊥ x-axis, meeting the graph at Q.
Clearly MQ = 15 units
Therefore, x = 5 ⇒ y = 15
● Ordered pair of a Coordinate System
● Find the Coordinates of a Point
● Coordinates of a Point in a Plane
● Plot Points on Co-ordinate Graph
● Simultaneous Equations Graphically
● Graph of Perimeter vs. Length of the Side of a Square
● Graph of Area vs. Side of a Square
● Graph of Simple Interest vs. Number of Years
7th Grade Math Problems
8th Grade Math Practice
From Graphs of Simple Function to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.