In practice math worksheet to find profit and loss we will solve numerous problems on calculating profit percent and loss percent. Before solving the worksheet to find profit and loss we can review the word problems on profit and loss.
1. Find the gain or loss per cent when:
(i) CP = $ 620 and SP = $ 713
(ii) CP = $ 675 and SP = $ 630
(iii) CP = $ 345 and SP = $ 372.60
(iv) CP = $ 80 and SP = $ 76.80
2. Find the selling price when:
(i) CP = $ 1 650 and gain% = 4%
(ii) CP = $ 915 and gain% = 6²/₃%
(iii) CP = $ 875 and loss% = 12%
(iv) CP = $ 645 and loss% = 13¹/₃%
3. Find the cost price when:
(i) SP = $ 1596 and gain% = 12%
(ii) SP = $ 2431 and loss% = 6¹/₂%
(iii) SP = $ 657.60 and loss% = 4%
(iv) SP = $ 34.40 and gain% = 7¹/₂%
Try to practice and solve the questions given in the worksheet to find profit and loss word problems:
4. Mack bought an iron safe for $ 5580 and paid $ 170 for its transportation. Then, he sold it for $ 6440. Find the gain per cent earned by him.
5. Rob purchased an old car for $ 73500. He spent $ 10300 on repairs and paid $ 2600 for its insurance. Then he sold it to a mechanic for $ 84240. What was his percentage gain or loss?
Hint: Overheads = $ (10300 + 2600) = $ 12900.
6. Harry bought 20 kg of rice at $18 per kg and 25 kg of rice at $ 16 per kg. He mixed the two varieties and sold the mixture at $ 19 per kg. Find his gain percent in the whole transaction.
7. Coffee costing $ 250 per kg was mixed with chicory costing $ 75 per kg in the ratio 5 : 2 for a certain blend. If the mixture was sold at $ 230 per kg, find the gain or loss percent.
Hint: Let 5 kg of coffee be mixed with 2 kg of chicory.
8. If the selling price of 16 hats is equal to the cost price of 17 hats, find the gain per cent earned by the dealer.
To calculate the profit or loss % lets practice the questions given below in worksheet to find profit and loss.
9. The cost price of 12 candles is equal to the selling price of 15 candles. Find the loss percent.
10. Kelvin gains an amount equal to the selling price of 5 cassettes, by selling 125 cassettes. Find the gain percent.
11. By selling 45 oranges, a man loses a sum equal to the selling price of 3 oranges. Find his loss percent.
12. Apples are bought at 6 for $ 10 and sold at 4 for $ 9. Find the gain or loss per cent.
13. Vendor purchased bananas at $ 16 per dozen and sold them at 10 for $ 18. Find his gain or loss per cent.
14. A man bought apples at 10 for $ 25 and sold them at $ 25 per dozen. Find his gain or loss percent.
Answers for worksheet to find profit and loss are given below to check the exact answers of the questions.
1. (i) Gain = 15%
(ii) Loss = 6²/₃%
(iii) Gain = 8%
(iv) Loss = 4%
2. (i) $ 1716
(ii) $ 976
(iii) $ 770
(iv) $ 559
3. (i) $ 1425
(ii) $ 2600
(iii) $ 685
(iv) $ 32
5. Loss = 2¹/₂%
7. Gain = 15%
12. Gain = 35%
13. Gain = 35%
14. Loss = 16²/₃%
● Profit, Loss and Discount
Calculating Profit Percent and Loss Percent
Word Problems on Profit and Loss
Examples on Calculating Profit or Loss
Practice Test on Profit and Loss
Practice Test on Profit Loss and Discount
● Profit, Loss and Discount - Worksheets
Worksheet to Find Profit and Loss
Worksheets on Profit and Loss Percentage
Worksheet on Gain and Loss Percentage
7th Grade Math Problems
8th Grade Math Practice
From Worksheet to Find Profit and Loss to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.