Math worksheet on discounts will help us to practice the questions on how to solve the problems related to marked price, selling price and discount in profit and loss. Students can recall the word problems on discount to practice this worksheet on discounts to get the exact answers given below.
1. The marked price of a water cooler is $ 4650. The shopkeeper offers an off-season discount of 18% on it. Find its selling price.
2. The price of a sweater was slashed from $ 960 to $ 816 by a shopkeeper in the winter season. Find the rate of discount given by him.
3. Find the rate of discount being given on a shirt whose selling price is $ 546 after deducting a discount of $ 104 on its marked price.
Hint. MP = (SP) + (discount).
4. After allowing a discount of 8% on a toy, it is sold for $ 216.20. Find the marked price of the toy.
5. A tea set was bought for $ 528 after getting a discount of 12% on its marked price. Find the marked price of the tea set.
6. A dealer marks his goods at 35% above the cost price and allows a discount of 20% on the marked price. Find his gain or loss per cent.
7. A cell phone was marked at 40% above the cost price and a discount of 30% was given on its marked price. Find the gain or loss percent made by the shopkeeper.
8. A dealer purchased a fan for $ 1080. After allowing a discount of 25% on its marked price, he gains 25%. Find the marked price of the fan.
9. A dealer bought a refrigerator for $ 11515. After allowing a discount of 16% on its marked price, he gains 20%. Find the marked price of the refrigerator.
10. A carpenter allows a discount of 16% to his customers and still gains 20%. Find the marked price of a dining table which costs the carpenter $ 1190.
11. After allowing a discount of 10% on the marked price, a trader still makes a gain of 17%. By what percent is the marked price above the cost price?
12. How much per cent above the cost price should a shopkeeper mark his goods so that after allowing a discount of 10% on the marked price, he gains 8%?
13. The marked price of a television is $ 18500. A dealer allows two successive discounts of 20% and 5%. For how much is the television available?
14. Find the single discount which is equivalent to two successive discounts of 20% and 5%.
Answers for worksheet on discounts are given below to calculate the discounted price on the marked price.
1. $ 3813
4. $ 235
5. $ 600
6. Gain = 8%
7. Loss = 2%
8. $ 1800
9. $ 16450
10. $ 1700
13. $ 14060
● Profit, Loss and Discount
● Profit, Loss and Discount - Worksheets