We will practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on average. We know to solve the problems on average we need to find the average of a group of numbers then, divide the sum of numbers by the total number of events.
1. Sam scored 98, 25, 105, 62 and 65 run in 5 matches. What was the average score per match?
2. The temperature of a city during a week was 35° C, 36°C, 34°C, 38°C, 40°C, 39°C and 44°C. What was the average daily temperature of the town for the week?
3. Jack earns $ 100 on the first day, $ 60 on the second day, $ 150 on the third day, $ 80 on the fourth day and $ 90 on the fifth day. What was his average earnings?
4. Rex scored the following marks in 6 subjects:
English - 88
Hindi - 64
Sanskrit - 89
Maths - 96
Science - 87
Social Studies - 80
Find his average score in 6 subjects.
5. A train runs for 3 hours at a speed of 55 km per hour and
for the next 2 hours at a speed of 65 km per hour. Find the average speed of
the train for the 5 hours journey.
6. Which is more, the average of the 4 even natural numbers from 6 to 13 or the average on the 4 odd natural numbers from 6 to 13?
7. In a series of 4 cricket matches, the runs scored by India and Australia are given below:
(i) What is the average score of India in one match?
(ii) What is the average score of Australia in one match?
(iii) Which team performed better?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on average are given below.
1. 71 runs.
3. $ 96
4. 84 marks
5. 59 km
6. Average of 4 odd natural numbers from 6 to 13 is more
7. (i) 235 runs
(ii) 211 runs