Practice the questions given in the worksheet on relative speed.
We know, speed of one object with respect to another is called the relative speed.
1. Two persons are running from the same place at the speed of 9 km/hr and 6 km. fins the distance between them after 12 minutes if they are moving in the opposite directions.
2. Two boys are running in the same direction from the same place at the speed of 10 km/hr and 6 km/hr. Find the distance between them after 20 minutes.
3. A train 140 m long is running at a speed of 80 km/hr. In what time will it pass a man who is running at speed of 8 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is moving.
4. A train 150 m
long is running at a speed of 66 km/hr. in what time will it pass a man who is
running at the speed of 6 km/hr in the opposite direction in which the train is
5. Two trains of length 170 m and 160 m respectively are running at the speed of 50 km/hr and 40 km/hr on parallel tracks in the opposite direction. In what time will they cross each other?
6. Two trains 125 m and 130 m long are running on parallel tracks in the same direction with a speed of 75 km/hr and 60 km/hr respectively. How long will they take to clear off each other from the moment they meet?
7. Two trains are running on parallel tracks in the same direction at 60 km/hr and 55 km/hr respectively. The faster train passed a man than the slower train in 36 seconds. Find the length of the faster train.
Answers for the worksheet on relative speed are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions on different problems.
1. 3 km
2. 1 1/3 km
3. 7 sec
4. 7.5 sec
5. 13.2 sec
6. 61.2 sec
7. 50 m
Worksheet on Conversion of Units of Speed
Worksheet on Calculating Speed
Worksheet on Calculating Distance
Worksheet on Train Passes through a Pole
Worksheet on Train Passes through a BridgeWorksheet on Decimal into Percentage
Math Home Work Sheets
From Worksheet on Relative Speed to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
Relationship between Speed, Distance and Time
Problems on Calculating Distance
Two Objects Move in Same Direction
Two Objects Move in Opposite Direction
Train Passes a Moving Object in the Same Direction
Train Passes a Moving Object in the Opposite Direction
Two Trains Passes in the Same Direction
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.