Practice the questions given in the worksheet on train passes through a bridge or platform or tunnel.
We know, when the train passes through a stationary object having some distance, then the time taken by the train to pass the stationary object = (length of the train + length of stationary object)/speed of the train.
1. How long will a train 125 m long take to clear the platform 175 m long if its speed is 90 km/hr?
2. A train 180 m long took 15 second to pass a 60 m long tunnel. Find the speed of the train.
3. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr and crosses the platform in 40 seconds. Find the length of the platform.
4. A train moving
at a speed of 60 km/hr crosses the 423 m long bridge in 30 seconds. Find the
length of the train.
5. A train 175 m long crosses a bridge which is 125 m long in 50 seconds. What is the speed of the train?
6. A 120 m long train is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. If it takes 24 seconds to cross the platform, find the length of the platform.
7. Find the time taken by 130 m long train to cross a tunnel which is 110 m long running at a speed of 54 km/hr.
Answers for the worksheet on train passes through a bridge are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions on different problems.
1. 12 seconds
2. 16 m/sec
3. 140 m
5. 21.6 km/hr
6. 180 m
7. 16 sec