Practice the questions given in the worksheet on calculating speed. Learn how to solve different problems on calculating speed.
We know, the formula to calculate speed = distance/time
1. Ron walks 22.5 km in 5 hours, find his speed.
2. A train covers 168 km in 4 hours. Find its speed.
3. Rachel travelled 240 km in 4 hours by train and then travelled 120 km in 3 hours by car and 3 km in 1/2 hour by cycle. What is the average speed during the whole journey?
4. A car moves from A to B at a speed of 50 km/hr and comes back from B to A at a speed of 30 km/hr. Find its average speed during the journey.
5. A car covers a distance of 600 m in 2 minutes whereas a train covers a distance of 75 km in 50 minutes. Find the ratio of their speed.
6. A car covers a distance of 60 km in 3 hours. However, for the first 40 km it travels 16 km/hr. At what speed must it travel for the rest of the distance in order to complete the journey on time?
7. A bus covers a certain distance in 60 minutes if it runs at a speed of 60 km/hr. What must be the speed of the bus in order to reduce the time of journey by 40 minutes?
Answers for the worksheet on calculating speed are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions on different problems.
1. 4.5 km/hr
2. 42 km/h
3. 48.4 km/hr
4. 37.5 km/hr
6. 40 km/hr
7. 180 km
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.