Math practice test on direct variation and inverse variation will help us to practice different types of multiple choice questions on direct variation or direct proportion and inverse variation or inverse proportion.
To get more confident on various questions before the examination students can practice test on direct variation and inverse variation to test your own knowledge.
1. If 14 kg of pulses cost $ 441, what is the cost of 22 kg of pulses?
(a) $ 627
(b) $ 649
(c) $ 671
(d) $ 693
2. If 36 men can do a piece of work in 25 days, in how many days will 15 men do it?
3. If 20 men can build a wall 56 metres long in 6-daysWhat length of a similar wall can be built by 35 men in 3 days?
(a) 49 metres
(b) 36 metres
(c) 52 metres
(d) 42 metres
4. 120 men had provisions for 200 days. After 5 days, 30 men died due to an epidemic. The remaining food will last for …………. .
(a) 146 1/4 days
(b) 150 days
(c) 2251/2 days
(d) 260 days
5. A garrison of 500 men had provisions for 24 days. However, a reinforcement of 300 men arrived. The food will now last for ……………. .
(a) 15 days
(b) 16 days
(c) 17 1/2 days
(d) 18 days
6. 12 men, working 8 hours a day, complete a piece of work in 10 days. To complete the same work in 8 days, working 15 hours a day, the number of men required, is …………. .
7. 39 persons can repair a road in 12 days, working 5 hours a day. In how many days will 30 persons, working 6 hours a day, complete the work?
8. If men or 9 women can do a piece of work in 19 days then in how many days will 3 men and 6 women do the same work?
Answers for practice test on direct variation and inverse variation are given below to check the exact answers of the above word problems on direct variation and inverse variation.
● Ratio and Proportion (Direct & Inverse Variation)
Practice Test on Direct Variation and Inverse Variation
● Ratio and Proportion - Worksheets
Worksheet on Inverse Variation
8th Grade Math Practice
From Practice Test on Direct Variation and Inverse Variation to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.