We will practice the questions given in the worksheet on problems involving percentage.
1. A man spends 66 2/3 % of his monthly salary. If he spends $ 300 every month, find his monthly salary?
2. A student has to secure 33 % of the maximum marks to pass. He secures 295 marks and fails by 200 marks. Find the maximum marks.
3. If 95 % of the students are present in a school and the number of absent students is 25, find the total number of students in the school?
4. A team won 80% of the 15 games played by it. How many games did it win? How many games did it loss?
5. The air fare from Delhi to Hyderabad is $ 1500 plus a 10% surcharge. Find the total air fare of a round trip.
6. Jaya weight 60 kg. Her brother weights 20 % more. What is the weight of her brother?
7. An examinee scored 585 marks out of 900 marks. What percentage of marks did he score?
8. A boy scored 35 % marks of 900. He fails by 20 marks. What is the pass marks?
Answers for the worksheet on problems involving percentage are given below.
1. $ 450
4. Win 12 games and loss 3 games.
5. $ 3300
6. 72 kg
7. 65 %