Practice the questions given in the worksheet on reflection in different axis. The questions are based on how to find the co-ordinates of the image of a point under reflection in different axis.
1. The point M (2, -9) is reflected in the x-axis; find the co-ordinates of the image M’. This M' is further reflected in y-axis. Find the so-ordinates of the image M''. Also, find the image of M (2, -9) in the origin.
2. If point P (-2, 7) is reflected in the origin, then find the co-ordinates of the image P’. It is again reflected in y-axis. Find the image of P' i.e., P''
3. Write the reflection in different axis when the co-ordinates of the object and image are known.
(i) P (5, -2) P'
(ii) Q (-1, 3) Q' (-1, -3)
(iii) R (-2, -4) R'
(iv) S (0, -3) S' (0, 3)
4. Point P (h, k) is reflected in x-axis and point P' is obtained as the image of P. now P' is reflected in y-axis the image of P’ is obtained as P’’. Find the co-ordinates of P''.
5. If point M (-3, 8) is reflected in origin, then find the co-ordinate of the image M'. It is again reflected in y-axis. Find the image of M' i.e., M''.
Answers for the worksheet on reflection in different axis are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions on reflection.
1. M' (2, 9), M'' (-2, 9); in origin (-2, 9)
2. P' (2, -7), P'' (-2, -7)
3. (i) Y
4. P'' (-h, -k)
5. M' (3, -8), M'' (-3, -8)
From Worksheet on Reflection in Different Axis to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.