Practice the third grade math worksheet on lines, line-segment and ray in geometry. The questions will help the kids to understand the basic concept of point in geometry; lines; types of lines such as straight line and curved line and comparison between a ray, a line and a line segment.
1. What is a point in geometry?
2. Definition of:
(i) a line
(ii) a straight line
(iii) a curved line
3. How many types of straight lines do you know?
4. Write ‘true’ or ‘false’ as the case may be for the following statements:
(i) A point has the smallest but definite mark.
(ii) A line-segment is a part of line.
(iii) A ray has no definite end point.
(iv) There are no points in a line.
(v) a slanting line is a kind of curved line.
5. Write the name of each of the given figures with its symbol:
6. Compare a ray, a line and a line segment.
7. How many rays are possible through a given point?
8. How many line segments can be drawn through two given points?
Answers for the worksheet on lines, line-segment and ray are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions in geometry.
4. (i) true
5. (i) line
8. one only`