The activity provided in the third grade math worksheet on addition word problems is very important for the kids. Students need to read the questions carefully and then translate the information to solve the addition problem and find the answers of each word problems. The sheet provides large collection of word problems using addition for the kids to practice and test their knowledge.
1. Ron bought a laptop for $3875, an almirah for $2570 and a watch for $1825. How much did he spend in all?
2. There are 365 males, 325 females and120 children in a town. Find the population of the town.
3. In a business Pam invests $7500 and Rebecca $2465. Find the total amount invested by both partners in the business.
4. In an election a candidate got 1765 votes. The second candidate got 3470 votes and the third candidate got only 375 votes. If 138 votes were illegal, then find the total votes cast.
5. In the year 2002, 4291 boys and 3987 girls had appeared in an examination. Find the total number of candidates that appeared for the examination.
6. A farmer produced 2180 kg of wheat in a year. The production of wheat for the second year and third year was 1370 kg and 1825 kg respectively. Find his total production in all these three years.
7. A car was driven 945 km in March and 445 km in April. Over how much distance was the car driven in the two months?
8. A fruit seller has 1172 apples, 1708 mangoes and 2245 oranges in his shop. Find the total number of fruits in his shop.
Answers for worksheet on addition word problems are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions using addition.
2. 810 people
4. votes cast 5748
5. 8278 candidates
6. 5375 kg
7. 1390 kms.
8. 5125 fruits
From Worksheet on Addition Word Problems to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.