Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on multiplication by 2-digit number. Here we will solve the problems on multiplication of 1-digit number, 2-digit number, 3-digit number and 4-digit number by a 1-digit number and 2-digit number.
1. If there are 20 oranges in one basket, then how many oranges are there in 12 baskets?
2. If one meter is equal to 100 cm, then 42 meters is equal to how many centimeters?
3. Mike has 42 cards. Each card has 15 stickers. Find the total number of stickers with Mike.
4. There are 58 rows in a cinema hall and there are 25 seats in each row. How many persons can be accommodated in the hall?
5. The cost of one camera is $ 5000. Find the cost of 9 such cameras?
6. A notebook contains 110 pages. Find the total number of
pages in 32 notebooks.
7. 72 persons can sit in one compartment of the train. How many persons can sit in 17 such compartments?
8. A newspaper vendor delivers 183 papers daily. How many newspapers does he deliver in the month of January?
9. 420 schools all over America participated in All American coloring contest. If the number of entries from each School was 125, find the total number of participants who participated in All American coloring contest.
10. In an orchard there are 357 rows of apple trees. There are 160 trees in each row. Find the total number of apple trees in the orchard.
11. Victor has 650 notes of $ 20. How much money does he have in all?
12. Nancy deposits $ 2000 in the bank every month. How much money will she deposit in 3 years?
13. How much money will be collected from 824 students if one student contributes $ 175 for Drought relief fund?
14. The capacity of water tank is 500 liters. What is the total capacity of water in 38 such tanks?
15. How many runs will Yuvraj score by hitting 31 centuries?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on multiplication by 2-digit number are given below.
1. 240 oranges
2. 4200 cm
3. 630 stickers
4. 1450 persons
5. $ 45000
6. 3520 pages
7. 1224 persons
8. 5673 newspapers
9. 52500 participants
10. 57120 apple trees
11. $ 13000
12. $ 72000
13. $ 144200
14. 19000 liters
15. 3100 runs