Worksheet on Units of Time
2. Find the total time:
3. Find the difference between:
4. While going to his village, Ram travelled for 2 hours 40 minutes by bus and 4 hours 30 minutes by train. How much time did he take to reach his village?
5. Kiara is 8 years 4 months old. Her mother is 40 years 6 months old. How old was her mother when Kiara was born?
6. Ana was 10 years 6 months old when her brother Sam was born. Her brother is now 28 years 4 months old. How old is Ana now?
7. (i) How many hours are there from 1:45 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.?
8. Victor left home at 8:30 a.m. for school. He returned home at 11:30 a.m. How long was he away from home?
9. The school remained closed for winter vacation from 21st of December, 2002 to 2nd January, 2003. How many days did the school remain closed?
10. I left for Mumbai on May 9, 2002 and returned home on 8th June, 2002. How long did I remain away from home?
11. The World Cup matches started on March 4, 2003 and ended on April 6, 2003. How long did the matches continue?
12. The annual examination in my school started on March 20, 2003 and ended on April 3, 2003. How long did the examination continue?
13. A train leaves Varanasi on Sunday at 18:45 hours and reaches New Delhi on Monday at 8:10 hours. Find the total time taken by the train to reach Delhi.
14. The time of the first clearance at a letter-box is 6:20 am, while the second clearance is at 2:15 p.m. What is the time gap between the two clearances?
15. Sonia’s date of birth is 22nd of October, 1980 and that of Sam is 10th of January, 1981. What is the difference in their ages?
16. David was hospitalised on 20th June 2003 and was discharged from there on 10th July, 2003. How many days was he under treatment?
If students have any queries regarding the questions given in the worksheet on units of time, please contact us so that we can help you.
However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.