In worksheet on units of time, all grade students can practice the questions on units for measuring time. This exercise sheet on units of time have different units like second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year that can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to learn to convert the units according to the questions.
1. Convert the following:
(i) 576 hours into days and hours
(ii) 4 hours 50 minutes into minutes
(iii) 5 minutes 30 seconds into seconds
(iv) 536 minutes into hours and minutes
(v) 5 hours 40 minutes into minutes
(vi) 4 days 16 hours into hours
(vii) 5 months 15 days into days
(viii) 6 weeks 5 days into days
(ix) 370 weeks into years and weeks
(x) 840 days into years, months and days
(xi) 203 days into weeks
(xii) 6 years 9 months into months
(xiii) 1 year 6 months into (a) hours (b) minutes (c) seconds
(xiv) 600 seconds into minutes and seconds
(xv) 750 seconds into hours and minutes
(xvi) 210 months into years and months
2. Find the total time:
(i) 6 hours 40 minutes and 3 hours 30 minutes
(ii) 14 minutes 35 seconds and 17 minutes 25 seconds
(iii) 8 years 9 months and 6 years 3 months
(iv) 9 months 7 days and 10 months 23 days
3. Find the difference between:
(i) 5 hour 50 minutes and 4 hours 40 minutes
(ii) 8 years 10 months and 3 years 11 months
(iii) 46 minutes and 2 hours 26 minutes
(iv) 7 hours 20 minutes and 9 hours 30 minutes
4. While going to his village, Ram travelled for 2 hours 40 minutes by bus and 4 hours 30 minutes by train. How much time did he take to reach his village?
5. Kiara is 8 years 4 months old. Her mother is 40 years 6 months old. How old was her mother when Kiara was born?
6. Ana was 10 years 6 months old when her brother Sam was born. Her brother is now 28 years 4 months old. How old is Ana now?
7. (i) How many hours are there from 1:45 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.?
(ii) How many hours are there from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. the next day?
8. Victor left home at 8:30 a.m. for school. He returned home at 11:30 a.m. How long was he away from home?
9. The school remained closed for winter vacation from 21st of December, 2002 to 2nd January, 2003. How many days did the school remain closed?
10. I left for Mumbai on May 9, 2002 and returned home on 8th June, 2002. How long did I remain away from home?
11. The World Cup matches started on March 4, 2003 and ended on April 6, 2003. How long did the matches continue?
12. The annual examination in my school started on March 20, 2003 and ended on April 3, 2003. How long did the examination continue?
13. A train leaves Varanasi on Sunday at 18:45 hours and reaches New Delhi on Monday at 8:10 hours. Find the total time taken by the train to reach Delhi.
14. The time of the first clearance at a letter-box is 6:20 am, while the second clearance is at 2:15 p.m. What is the time gap between the two clearances?
15. Sonia’s date of birth is 22nd of October, 1980 and that of Sam is 10th of January, 1981. What is the difference in their ages?
16. David was hospitalised on 20th June 2003 and was discharged from there on 10th July, 2003. How many days was he under treatment?
If students have any queries regarding the questions given in the worksheet on units of time, please contact us so that we can help you.
However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Measurement - Worksheets