Practice the questions given in the worksheet on cost price and selling price. We know when the S.P. is more than C.P., there is a profit and when S.P. is less than C.P., there is a loss.
1. Find the selling-price, if
(i) C.P. = $500 and profit = 23%
(ii) C.P. = $1800 and loss = 5%
(iii) C.P. = $225 and profit = one-third of the cost price
(iv) C.P. = $555 and loss = one-fifth of the cost price
2. An article is bought for $750 and is sold at a gain of 20%. Find its selling price.
3. On selling an article for $2640, a profit of 10 percent is made.
(i) Find cost price of the article.
(ii) Find new selling price of it, in order to gain 15%.
4. The cost price of an article is $1200 and selling price is 5/4 times of his cost price. Find selling price of the article.
5. A laptop is sold for $6800 at a loss of 15%. Find new selling price of it, in order to gain 12%.
6. The selling price of an article is $1200 and cost price is 5/4 times of his selling price. Find cost price of the article.
7. Find the cost price of an article, which is sold for $4050 at a loss of 10%. Also, find the new selling price of the article which must give a profit of 8%.
8. By selling two each for $600 each; a shopkeeper gains 20 percent on one watch and loses 20 percent on the other. Find total C.P. and total S.P. of both the watches.
9. An article bought for $620 is sold for $780. Second article bought for $575 is sold for $437 and the third article bought for $805 is sold for $883. Find the total selling price of all the three articles.
Answers for the worksheet on cost price and selling price are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions to calculate S.P. and C.P.
1. (i) $615
3. (i) $2400
7. C.P. = $4500; S.P. = $4860
8. total C.P. = $1250; total S.P. = $1200
● Profit And Loss - WorksheetsWorksheet on Calculating Overhead Charges
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
Discount and Discount Percent