Practice the questions given in the worksheet on profit or loss percent.
We know, the formula to calculate profit% and loss%;
profit% = (profit/cost price) × 100%
loss% = (loss/cost price) × 100%
1. Ron bought a cycle for $375 and sold it at a loss of 12%. How much did I lose?
2. The cost price of an article is $1200 and selling price is 5/4 times of his cost price. Find profit or loss as percent.
3. Find the cost price of an article which is sold for $1080 at the gain of $180. Also, find the gain as percent.
4. The selling price of an article is $1200 and cost price is 5/4 times of his selling price. Find profit or loss as percent
5. By selling two
each for $600 each; a shopkeeper gains 20 percent on one watch and loses 20
percent on the other. Find profit or loss percent on the whole.
6. Find the cost-price of an article which is sold for $1350 at a loss of $150. Also, express the loss as percent.
7. An article is bought for $750 and is sold at a gain of 20%. How much more will be gained, if the article is sold at a gain of 30%?
8. An article bought for $620 is sold for $780. Second article bought for $575 is sold for $437 and the third article bought for $805 is sold for $883. Find the profit or the loss as percent on the whole.
9. By selling an article for $825, a person loses equal to 1/3 of its selling price. Find the profit percent or the loss percent made; if the same article is sold for $1265.
Answers for the worksheet on profit or loss percent are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions to calculate the profit percent and loss percent.
2. profit = 25%
3. $900; 20%
4. loss = 20%
5. loss = 4%
6. $1500; 10% loss
8. 5% profit
9. profit = 15%
● Profit And Loss - WorksheetsWorksheet on Calculating Overhead Charges
Discount and Discount Percent