Practice the questions given in the worksheet on profit or loss percent.
We know, the formula to calculate profit% and loss%;
profit% = (profit/cost price) × 100%
loss% = (loss/cost price) × 100%
1. Ron bought a cycle for $375 and sold it at a loss of 12%. How much did I lose?
2. The cost price of an article is $1200 and selling price is 5/4 times of his cost price. Find profit or loss as percent.
3. Find the cost price of an article which is sold for $1080 at the gain of $180. Also, find the gain as percent.
4. The selling price of an article is $1200 and cost price is 5/4 times of his selling price. Find profit or loss as percent
5. By selling two
each for $600 each; a shopkeeper gains 20 percent on one watch and loses 20
percent on the other. Find profit or loss percent on the whole.
6. Find the cost-price of an article which is sold for $1350 at a loss of $150. Also, express the loss as percent.
7. An article is bought for $750 and is sold at a gain of 20%. How much more will be gained, if the article is sold at a gain of 30%?
8. An article bought for $620 is sold for $780. Second article bought for $575 is sold for $437 and the third article bought for $805 is sold for $883. Find the profit or the loss as percent on the whole.
9. By selling an article for $825, a person loses equal to 1/3 of its selling price. Find the profit percent or the loss percent made; if the same article is sold for $1265.
Answers for the worksheet on profit or loss percent are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions to calculate the profit percent and loss percent.
2. profit = 25%
3. $900; 20%
4. loss = 20%
5. loss = 4%
6. $1500; 10% loss
8. 5% profit
9. profit = 15%
● Profit And Loss - Worksheets
Worksheet on Calculating Profit or Loss
Worksheet on Calculating Cost Price
Worksheet on Calculating Selling Price
Worksheet on Cost Price and Selling Price
Worksheet on Calculating Profit or Loss Percent
Worksheet on Profit or Loss PercentWorksheet on Calculating Overhead Charges
Worksheet on Calculating Discount
Worksheet on Calculating Discount on Marked Price
Math Home Work Sheets
From Worksheet on Profit or Loss Percent to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
To find Profit or Loss when Cost Price and Selling Price are Given
To find Selling Price when Cost Price and Profit or Loss are Given
To find Cost Price when Selling Price and Profit or Loss are Given
Calculate Profit or Loss Percent
Calculate Profit and Selling Price
Calculate Loss and Selling Price
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.