Worksheet on Word Problem on Measuring Length
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problem on measuring length (i.e. addition and subtraction). Addition and subtraction in meters and centimetres is done in the similar way as in the case of ordinary numbers.
1. Shelly purchased 40 m 200 cm long rope and Jenny purchased 16 m 370 cm long rope. What is the total length of the ropes which both of them purchased?
2. Maya used 1 m 50 cm of red ribbon and 4 m 28 cm of blue ribbon to make a flower. How much ribbon did she use in all?
3. Peter wants to fence the park in front of his house on three sides, which measure 152 m 40 cm, 205 m 10 cm and 310 m 39 cms. Find the total length that is to be fenced.
4. Tailor used 1 m 235 cm of cloth to make a shirt and 2 m 105 cm to make trousers. What is the total length of cloth used by the tailor to make a shirt and trousers?
5. Aaron bought 15 m 380 cm curtain cloth which he found to be less. So, he again bought 9 m 560 cm in order to put curtains in the whole house. What is the total length of the cloth purchased by Aaron to make the curtains?
6. Ron rides his cycle 8 km per day. How many meters does he
cycle in a day?
7. In a Javelin throw competition, the athlete from America
threw the javelin upto a distance of 550 cm. How many meters away was the
8. Mr. Jones bought a cloth of length 3890 cm. How much is
the length in m and cm?
9. One box is 44 cm 5 mm tall. Another box is 35 cm tall.
How tall will the boxes be if both are stacked one on top of the other?
10. Two wooden planks of length 12 m 60 cm and 18 m 63 cm are
glued together to make a long wooden bridge. What is the total length of
11. During a fire in the building, Harry the fireman needs to
reach the window on fire at a height of 397 m. The length of the ladder they
have can reach upto a height of 300 m 84 cm. How much length is still required
to reach the window?
12. The length of string of Kite A is 6588 m and that of Kite
B is 7005 m. Which kite is flying higher and by how much?
13. Five books of height 7 cm 5 mm each are stacked over one
another. What is the total height so obtained?
14. Tania is running around a square park of perimeter 3 m 20
cm. She takes 3 complete rounds of the park. What is the total distance
travelled by her?
15. A wall has a height of 4 m 25 cm. If each brick is 5 cm
high, how many bricks were used to attain the given height of the wall.
16. Ruby cycles for 3 km 44 m each day. How many km does she
cycles in the month of January if she never misses a day?
17. A stack of 10 similar newspapers is 15 cm high. What is
the thickness of each newspaper?
18. Mike is at a distance of 10 km 150 m. She travelled 8 km 260 m by bus and the rest on a rickshaw. Find the distance travelled by rickshaw.
19. Richard’s house is 7 km 300 m away from school and Alex’s house is 11 km 432 m away from school. Whose house is far and by how much?
20. A shopkeeper bought 580 m 279 cm of cloth. He found that 192 m 309 cm of cloth was damaged. What length of cloth was in good condition?
21. Ron had 54 m 20 cm of ribbon to make flowers. 29 m 39 cm was left unused. How much ribbon was used to make flowers?
Answers for the worksheet on word problem on measuring length (i.e. addition and subtraction) are given below.
1. 56 m 570 cm
2. 5 m 78 cm
3. 667 m 89 cm
4. 3 m 340 cm
5. 24 m 940 cm
6. 8000 meters
7. 5 m 50 cm
8. 38 m 90 cm
9. 79 cm 5 mm
10. 31 m 23 cm
11. 96 m 16 cm
12. Kite B, 417 m
13. 37 cm 5 mm
14. 9 m 60 cm
16. 94 km 364 m
17. 1 cm 5 mm
18. 1 km 890 m
19. Alex’s house by 4 km 132 m
20. 387 m 970 cm
21. 24 m 81 cm
You might like these
We will learn how to addition and subtraction of units of time. 1. Add 25 minutes 45 seconds and 15 minutes 25 seconds. Solution: First add the seconds 45 + 25 = 70 seconds Convert 70 seconds into minutes and seconds 70 seconds = 60 seconds + 10 seconds Carry 1 minute to
We will learn how to multiply and divide of units of measurement. We carry out multiplication and division of measurements as we do for decimal numbers: 1. Multiply 12 km 56 m by 7. Solution: 12 km 56 m = 12.056 m Hence, 12.056 × 7 = 84.392 km 2. Multiply 44 dam 28 cm by 12
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on measurement. 1. Rachel has a rope of length 40 m. She gave 12 m 53 cm to Sam, 18 m 35 cm to Ron and 9 m 7 cm to Jack. What length of rope is still left with Rachel?
We can add the units of measurement like decimal numbers. 1. Add 5 m 9 dm and 11 m and 5 dm Solution: 5 m 9 dm = 5.9 m 11 m 5 dm = 11.5 m Hence, 5 m 9 dm + 11 m 5 dm = 17 m 4 dm or 17.4 m 2. Add 15 cm 5 mm and 21 cm 9 mm
In 5th grade time worksheet, students can practice the questions on units for measuring time. The questions are based on convert the time, addition of time, subtraction of time, elapsed time, Word problems on time.
Sometimes we want to find out the duration of an activity. We can calculate the duration or time elapsed if we know the starting and finishing time. For example, if the bus starts at 9:00 a.m. and reaches the school at 9:30 a.m. the time taken by the bus to reach school is
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on measurement of time. The questions are based on addition and subtraction of hours, minutes and seconds separately. 1. A bus leaves for Rampur at 4:30 p.m. It takes 1 hr. 25 min. to reach there.
We will learn how to multiplication and division of units of time. 1. Multiply 9 hours 10 minutes by 6 Solution: First multiply minutes 10 × 6 = 60 minutes = 1 hour We carry 1 hour to hour column and write 0 in minutes column. Now, multiply hours, 9 × 6 + 1 = 55 Write 55 in
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on subtraction of hours, minutes and seconds. Note: Here we need to subtract the hours, minutes and seconds separately. Find the difference of the following: 1. 84 hr. 37 min. 29 sec. - 4 hr. 29 min. 18 sec. 2. 3 hr. 28 min.
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on addition of hours, minutes and seconds. Note: Here we need to add the hours, minutes and seconds separately. Find the sum of the following: 1. 3 hr. 17 min. 24 sec. + 4 hr. 32 min. 14 sec. 2. 6 hr. 10 min. 31 sec.
In worksheet on units of time, all grade students can practice the questions on units for measuring time. This exercise sheet on units of time have different units like second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year that can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to
In 5th Grade Measurement Worksheet we will solve how to convert metric units, compare the measurements and word problems on measurements. I. Convert the following: (i) 1 kilogram = …. hectogram (ii) 1 hectogram = …decigram (iii) 1 centigram = …decameter (iv) 1 decimeter
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on division of metric measures. Metric measures are divided in the same way as we divide ordinary numbers. I. Divide the following: (i) 6 g 9 dg 7 cg 5 mg by 3 (ii) 4 kl 2 hl 5 dal 4 l by 2 (iii) 7 l 3 dl 6 cl 5 ml by 5
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on multiplication of metric measures. Metric measures are multiplied in the same way as we multiply ordinary numbers. I. Find the product of the following: (i) 5 kg 2 hg 7 dag 9 g × 3 (ii) 4 kl 3 hl 8 dal 7 l × 9
Worksheet on addition and subtraction of units of measurement we will solve different types of questions on mixed measurement. Here we will solve addition of lengths, addition of mass or addition of weights, addition of volumes, subtraction of lengths, subtraction of mass
Standard Unit of Length
Conversion of Standard Unit of Length
Addition of Length
Subtraction of Length
Addition and Subtraction of Measuring
Addition and Subtraction of Measuring
Addition and Subtraction of Measuring
3rd Grade Math Worksheets
3rd Grade Math Lessons
From Worksheet on Word Problem on Measuring Length to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information
about Math Only Math.
Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.