Practice the questions given in the worksheet on basic problems on ratio. The questions are related to simple word problems on ratio. If we practice the questions given below we learn how we actually compare one thing with another in some quantitative measure.
1. The population of a village is 50,000; out of which 30,000 are male. Find the ratio between the number of female and the number of male.
2. Rachael gets $500 per month as her pocket money. Out of which she saves $40 per month. Find the ratio of her savings to the amount she gets.
3. Ron and Sam bought a football for $250. Ron paid $175 and Sam paid the rest. What is the ratio of the amount Ron paid to the amount Sam paid?
4. The strength of a classroom is 65, with 30 girls and remaining boys. Find the ratio between the number of:
(i) girls and boys.
(ii) boys and the whole class.
(iii) whole class and girls.
5. Ben buys eggs at the rate of $6 per dozen and sells them at the rate of $13 per dozen. What is the ratio of:
(i) cost price to selling price
(ii) profit to selling price
(iii) cost price to profit
(iv) selling price to cost price
6. The weekly expenses of David have changed from $150 to $225. Find ratio between:
(i) increase in expenses and original expenses.
(ii) original expenses and increased expenses.
(iii) increased expenses and increase in expenses.
Answers for the worksheet on basic problems on ratio are given below to check the exact answers of the above simple ratio problems.
1. 2 : 3
2. 2 : 25
3. 7 : 3
4. (i) 6 : 7
(ii) 7 : 13
(iii) 13 : 6
5. (i) 6 : 13
(ii) 7 : 13
(iii) 6 : 7
(iv) 13 : 6
6. (i) 1 : 2
(ii) 2 : 3
(iii) 3 : 1