In worksheet on time required to complete a piece of work we will practice various types of questions. We know, if a man takes 10 days to complete a piece of work; then according to the unitary method work done in a 1 day = 1/10 and on the other hand, if a man completes 1/10 th of the work in one day, to complete the work he will takes 10 days.
Now we will follow the concept and solve the questions provided in the worksheet on time required to complete a piece of work.
1. Ron can fence the park in 4 days and Rex can do the same work in 3 days. If they work together, how long will they take to finish the work?
2. Adam and Sam together level the ground of a place in 6 hours. If Adam alone takes 8 hours to do the same work, then how much time will Sam alone takes to finish the work?
3. Adrian can do a piece of work in 25 days and Mike can finish it in 20 days. They work together for 10 days, then Adrian goes away. In how many days will Mike finish the remaining work?
4. Ben reads 19 pages of a book in 25 days. In how many days will he reads 95 pages?
5. Aaron can paint a picture in 20 minutes
while Ron can do the same in 25 minutes. Working together how much time will they take to paint
6. Sam and Ken can reap a field in 20 days. Ken and Ben can reap the field in 24 days and Ben and Sam can reap it in 30 days. In how many days will they take to reap
(i) the field together
(ii) the field separately?
7. Jack and Benjamin can polish the furniture of a house in 8 days. Jack alone can do it 1/4 th of it in 10 days. In how many days will Benjamin take to finish the same work alone?
8. 5 men can do a piece of work in 6 days. In how many days will it take 4 men to do the same work?
9. Alex can do a work in 5 days. Brad can do it 10 days alone and Alex, Brad, Carter together in 2 days. In what time can Carter do it alone?
10. Elliot can alone do a pieces of work in 20 days and John in 10 days. They work together but 2 days before the completion of work John leaves. In how many days is the remaining work finished?
11. Charles can do work in 12 days and Daniel in 15 days. They work together for 2 days, then Daniel leaves and Charles alone continue the work. After 1 day, Ethan joins Charles and the work is completed in 5 more days. In how many days can Ethan do it alone?
12. Luke, Mason, Nathan can finish a work in 10 days. Luke and Nathan together can do twice as much as Mason does. Also, Luke and Mason can do thrice as much as Nathan does. Find the time taken by each to finish the work.
Answers for the worksheet on time required to complete a piece of work are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions.
1. 1 5/7 days
2. 24 hours
3. 2 days
4. 125 days
5. 700 minutes
6. (i) 16 days;
(ii) Sam: 48 days; Ken: 34 2/7 days and Ben: 80 days
7. 10 days
8. 7 1/2 days
9. 5 days
10. 6 days
11. 25 days
12. Luke: 24 days; Mason: 30 days; Nathan: 40 days