Solve the questions given in the worksheet on decimal word problems at your own space. This worksheet provides a mixture of questions on decimals involving order of operations i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
1. Aaron scored 452.65 marks out of 600 in the final examination. How many marks did he lose?
2. Amy had 0.87 litre of cold drink. Flora had 0.92 litres more cold drink. How much cold drink did Manu have?
3. The weight of a baby elephant was 218.99 kg. After two years, his weight increased by 109.85 kg. Find the weight of elephant after two years.
4. Kathi had a rope of 63.45 m. She cut the rope into two pieces. If the length of one piece was 23.59 m, what was the length of the other piece?
5. Each side of a regular polygon is 5.2 m and its perimeter is 36.4 m. Find the number of sides of the polygon.
6. Trisha took 3.25 minutes to complete the race and Rachel took 3.207 minutes to complete the race. Who won the race?
7. The annual rainfall received by Arunachal Pradesh is 278.2 cm and that by Assam is 281.8 cm. Who received less rainfall?
8. Sharon’s height is 145.62 cm. She stands on a tool of height 10.50 cm. What is the combined height now?
9. The milkman delivers 5.02 liter of milk to a house in the morning and 2.120 liter in the evening. What is the total quantity of milk delivered by the milkman?
10. Rebecca ‘s kite is flying at a height of 17.2 m and Shelly’s at a height of 21.5 m from the ground. Whose kite is flying high and by how much?
11. A car travels 367.80 km
in 6 hours. How much distance will it travel in 1 hour?
12. Ron jogged 2.2 km, Mike jogged 3.7 times more distance than Ron. Find the distance covered by Mike.
13. The daily consumption of milk in a house is 3.25 litres. How much milk will be consumed in 30 days?
14. A tin contains 18.5 litre of oil. How many such tin contain 129.5 litre of oil?
15. Find the cost of 47.2 m cloth if the cost of 1 m cloth is $33.90.
16. Shruti bought a bag for $298.05. She gave the shopkeeper 2 notes of $200. How much money will she get back?
17. A tailor needs 35.25 m of cloth for the shirts and 45.80 m for trousers. How much cloth does the tailor need in all?
18. A spool of thread has a thread measuring 86.50 m. If 42.33 m thread has been cut, what length of thread is still left in the spool?
19. The cost of a chair is $2045.83. Tania wants to buy 6 chairs for her house. How much money will she pay to the shopkeeper?
20. David has a jug full of milk. He pours the complete milk in 4 glasses, each glass of capacity 0.8 l. How much milk was there in the jug?
21. Find the area of a square whose side is 3.60 m.
22. The weight of 1 bag of sugar is 12.5 kg. What is the weight of 15 such bags?
23. A vehicle covers a distance of 48.3 km in 2.3 litre of petrol. How much distance will it cover in 1 litre of petrol?
24. Ron has 3.60 l of juice. He pours it into 9 glasses equally. How much juice is there in each glass?
25. Shelly has a ribbon of length 35.14 m. She cuts it into 7 equal parts. What is the length of each equal part?
26. The cost of 5 pens is $140.50. What is the cost of 1 pen?
27. The weight of a box is 150.094 kg. What will be the weight of 27 such boxes?
28. Sonia has 14.84 l of juice. She pours it into 7 jars equally. How much juice is there in each jar?
Answers for the worksheet on decimal word problems are given below to check the exact answer of the above problems.
1. 147.35 marks
2. 1.79 litres
3. 328.84 kg
4. 39.86 m
5. 7 sides
7. Arunachal Pradesh
9. 7.145 liter
10. Shelly, 4.3 m
11. 61.3 km
12. 8.14 km
13. 97.5 litres
14. 7 tin
17. 81.05 m
18. 44.17 m
20. 3.2 l
21. 12.96 m2
22. 187.5 kg
23. 21 km
24. 0.4 l
25. 5.02 m
27. 4052.538 kg
28. 2.12 l