We will practice the questions given in the worksheet on calculating selling price and cost price.
1. A cycle was bought for $ 1225 and sold at a gain of $ 100. Find the Selling Price of the cycle.
2. A radio is bought at $ 550 and sold at a profit of $ 35 after spending $ 20 on its repairs. Find the Selling Price.
3. A refrigerator is sold at $ 10525 at a profit of $ 925. What was the Cost Price of the refrigerator?
4. A boom seller sold 50 books for $ 890.00 and earned a profit of $ 90.00. Find the Cost Price of 50 books.
5. Sam bought 100 bars of shop. He sold then all at a rate of $ 6.20 each and made a profit of $ 50. At what rate did he buy them?
6. Fill in the
(i) If the Cost Price of an article is greater than the Selling Price, we have a _________.
(ii) Selling Price = Cost Price - _________.
(iii) Cost Price = Selling Price + _________.
(iv) Cost Price + _________ = Selling Price
(v) Selling Price + _________ = Cost Price
7. Ron bought a cycle for $ 800 and sold it at a loss of $ 160. What is his selling price?
8. Jack bought a car for $ 50,000. He spent $ 5000 on repairs. He sold the car at a profit of $ 5000. At what price did he sell the car?
9. Derek bought cloth for $ 800. He spent $ 200 for stitching a shirt. He sold the shirt for $ 1175. Find the profit.
10. The cost of a cycle is $ 950 and that of a scooter is $ 23,500. He sold them together for $ 25,000. Find his profit.
Answers for the worksheet on calculating selling price and cost price are below.
1. $ 1325
2. $ 605
3. $ 9600
4. $ 800
5. $ 5.70 per box
6. (i) Loss
7. $ 640
8. $ 60,000
9. $ 175
10. $ 550Finding Profit or Loss