We will learn how to solve the word problems on multiplication by 2-digit number. Here we will apply the same process when we multiply a 2-digit number by a 2-digit number.
1. There are 15 pencils in one packet. A shopkeeper has 60 such packets in his shop. How many pencils does he have in his shop?
Number of pencils in one packet = 15
Number of packets in the shop = 60
Therefore, total number of pencils in the shop = 60 × 15
= 900 pencils
2. A garland has 32 flowers. How many flowers are there in 45 such garland?
Number of flowers in a garland = 32
Number of garlands = 45
Therefore, total number of flowers in 45 garlands = 45 × 32
= 1440 flowers
3. There were 12 pencils in one packet. A shopkeeper has 98 such packets in h shop. How many pencils does he have in his shop?
Number of packets in the shop = 98
Number of pencils in one packet = 12
Total number of pencils in the shop = 1176
Th H T O
× 1 2
1 9 6
9 8 0
1 1 7 6
Worksheet on Word Problems on Multiplication by 2-Digit Number:
1. A car can carry 6 people. How many people can 14 cars carry?
2. There are 21 erasers in one box. How many erasers are there in 49 boxes?
3. One classroom has 84 chairs. How many chairs will 12 classrooms have?
4. One truck can carry 222 bags of cement. How many bags of cement can 20 such trucks carry?
5. One box contains 144 oranges. How many oranges do 57 boxes contain?
6. There are 36 seats in one row. How many seats will there be in 33 rows?
7. One packet contains 235 toffees. How many toffees 11 packets contain?
8. One book has 372 pages. How many pages will 25 books have?
9. Ajay earns 285 in a day. How much does he earn in 26 days?
10. A basket contains 145 apples. How many apples are there in 8 such baskets?
11. There are 136 trees in a row. How many trees are there in 46 rows?
12. The capacity of a movie theater is 238 seats. If there were 28 full house shows in a week. How many people watched the movie?
13. The price of a book is 232. Find the price of 42 such books?
14. There are 116 beads in a chain. How many beads will be required to make 21 chains?
From Word Problems on Multiplication by 2-Digit Number to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.