Practice the questions given in the worksheet on mark-ups and discounts involving sales tax.
1. Michael purchased a washing with a marked price of $ 16500at a discount of 8%. If sales tax is charged at 10% on the price asked for, find the amount Michael had to pay for the washing machine.
2. Alex bought an article for $ 374 which includes a discount of 15% on the listed price and a sales tax at the rate of 10% on the reduced price. Find the listed price of the article.
3. A man wants to purchase an article of marked price $ 400, which is being sold at a discount. If the sale tax is 10% on the price charged, he can buy it for $ 4200. Find the rate of discount allowed.
4. The listed price of an article is $ 560. The shopkeeper marks up the price and sells it at $ 735 which includes a sales tax 5% on the price asked for. By what per cent did the shopkeeper marked up the listed price?
5. A shopkeeper marks up the listed price of an article by
8% but allows a discount of 55 on the raised price. He sells it at $ 677.16
inclusive of a sales tax of 10% on the price asked for. Find the listed price
of the article.
6. The catalogue price of a colour TV is $ 24000. A shopkeeper gives a discount of 8% on the listed price. He gives a further off-season discount of 5% on the balance. But sales tax at 10% is charged on the remaining amount. Find:
(i) the sales tax amount a customer has to pay, and
(ii) the final price the customer has to pay for the TV.
Answers for the worksheet on mark-ups and discounts involving sales tax are given below.
2. $ 400
4. 25 %
6. $ 600
7. (i) $ 2097.60
(ii) $ 23073.60
● Sales Tax and Value Added Tax
10th Grade Math
From Worksheet on Mark-ups and Discounts Involving Sales Tax to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.