Practice the questions given in the worksheet on basic concept on shares and dividends.
1. How much money will be required to buy 200, $ 25 shares at a premium of $ 2?
2. Shares of a company are available at $ 100 at par value. What is the market price of one share? How many shares can one buy for $ 1000?
3. Daniel buys 120 shares at a face value of $ 40 each, which he sells at $ 42.50 each. Find his profit and profit percentage.
4. The statement “7% $ 50 shares at $ 40”applies for the shares of a company. How many shares can be bought for $ 5600?
5. Find the annual income dividend from 250, $ 60 shares paying 5 % dividend.
6. Shares of a company are available at a discount $ 30 (par
value $ 100). What is the market price of one share? How many shares can be
bought for $ 14000?
7. Samuel invests $ 7770 in a company paying 5% dividend when a share of face value of $ 100 sells at a premium of $ 5.
(i) the number of shares bought;
(ii) annual income;
(iii) percentage income.
8. The statement “8% $ 100 shares at $ 105”applies for the shares of a company. What is the sum that one has to invest to buy 500 shares? Also, find the number of shares one can buy for $ 10500.
9. Jonathan buys $ 50 shares of a company, paying 12 % dividend, at a premium of $ 10.
(i) the market value of 320 shares;
(ii) his annual income;
(iii) his profit percent.
10. Shares of a company are available at a premium of $ 40 (par value $ 100). What is the market price of one share? How many shares can one buy for $ 14000?
Answers for the worksheet on basic concept on shares and dividends are given below:
1. $ 5400
3. $ 300 and 6.25%
5. $ 750
6. $ 70; 200
7. (i) 74
(ii) $ 370
8. $ 52500; 100
9. (i) $ 19200
(ii) $ 1920
10. $ 140; 100
● Shares and Dividends
From Worksheet on Basic Concept on Shares and Dividends to HOME
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.