Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on measurement of time. The questions are based on addition and subtraction of hours, minutes and seconds separately.
1. A bus leaves for Rampur at 4:30 p.m. It takes 1 hr. 25 min. to reach there. At what time will it reach at Rampur?
2. Shelly sleeps for 7 hours 30 minutes in a day. Foe how many hours did she sleep in the month of January?
3. The duration of a film show is 3 hr. 15 min. It starts at 6:30 p.m. When will it end?
4. The Punjab Mail arrived at Lucknow at 11:55 a.m. It reached at Lucknow 1 hr. 25 min. late. What is the scheduled arrival time of the train at Lucknow?
5. Rex visited a fashion show. He stayed there for 2 hr. 30 min. and came back at home. If he reached in the fashion show at 8:45 p.m. when did he leave for his home?
6. It takes Jon 16 hours 45 minutes to reach his home town from the city. If he starts his journey at 9:30 p.m. at what time will he reach his home town?
7. Max travelled 2 hr. 45 min. by bus and 4 hr. 45 min. by train. Calculate the time he spent in travelling.
8. David left home at 4:30 p.m. to meet his friend. He came back after 3 hr. 25 min. At what time did he came back?
9. Sharon was to board a flight at 0845 hours. Her flight was to take 5 hours 20 minutes to reach the destination, but her flight got delayed by 50 minutes. At what time will Sharon reach her destination now if there is no further delay?
10. Mary reached her school at 7:30 a.m. and left for home at 12:45 p.m. How long did she stay in school?
11. It takes Aaron 3 hour 15 minutes to travel from A City to B City and 5 hours 25 minutes to reach C City from B City. If Aaron travels from A City to C City via B City, How much time will he take?
12. A circus show started at 6:15 p.m. and ended at 9:30 p.m. What was the duration of the show?
13. Sara started her homework at 5:30 p.m. and finished it at 9:15 p.m. How much time did she take to finish her homework?
14. Adrian studies 3 hr. 45 min. He starts studying at 8:05 p.m. At what time does he finish?
15. Derek was 4 years 2 months old when he joined school. Today he is 11 years 1 month old. For how long has he been in school?
16. A school starts at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 12:45 a.m. How long does it work?
17. Jack left for Jaunpur at 4:30 a.m. He reached there at 11:55 a.m. How much time did he take to reach there?
18. Shelly started playing at 5:05 p.m. She played till 8: 15 p.m. How long did she play?
19. The doctor advised Peter to take the medicine after every 80 minutes. How many times did Peter take the medicine in a day?
20. Maya started to draw a picture at 2:45 p.m. She completed it at 4:35 p.m. How much time did she take to draw the picture?
21. Rachel works for 2 hours 25 minutes in the morning and 3 hours 40 minutes in the evening. For how much time did Rachel work in a fortnight?
22. Aaron watched a cricket match from 10:15 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. and again from 2:30 p.m. How long did he watch the match in all?
23. Rebecca has taken 20 days leave from her office. Her vacation will start Monday, 16 September. On which day and date will the vacation end?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on measurement of time are given below.
1. 5:55 p.m.
2. 232 hours 30 minutes
3. 9:45 p.m.
4. 10:30 a.m.
5. 11:15 p.m.
6. 2:10 p.m. next day
7. 7 hr. 30 min.
8. 7:55 p.m.
9. 1455 hours
10. 5 hr. 15 min.
11. 8 hours 40 minutes
12. 3 hr. 15 min.
13. 3 hr. 45 min.
14. 11:50 p.m.
15. 6 years 11 months
16. 4 hr. 45 min.
17. 7 hr. 25 min.
18. 3 hr. 10 min.
19. 18 times
20. 1 hr. 50 min.
21. 85 hours 10 minutes
22. 4 hours.
23. 6th October Friday