Practice the questions given in the worksheet on ratio problems. The questions are related to the word problems on ratio where we need to divide a given quantity into a given ratio.
1. Divided 72 in the ratio 2½ : 1½.
2. The angle of a triangle are in the ratios 3 : 7 : 8. Find the greatest and smallest angles.
3. Divide $ 225 between Kate and Rose in the ratio 7 : 8.
4. The sum of the three numbers, whose ratios are 3 1/3 : 4 1/5 : 6 1/8, is 1639. Find the numbers.
5. An alloy of zinc and copper weights 12½ kg. If in the alloy, the ratio of zinc to copper is 1 : 4, find the weight of copper in it.
6. A mixture weighing 155 kg contains three substances A, B and C in the ratio ½ : 1/5 : 1/3. Find the quantity of each substance in the mixture.
7. A line is
divided in two parts in the ratio 2.5 : 1.3. If the smaller one is 35.1 cm,
find the length of the line.
8. Out of 1800 students in a school, 750 opted football, 800 opted cricket and remaining opted hockey. If a student can opt only one game, find the ratio of:
(i) the number of students opting football to the number of students opting cricket
(ii) the number of students opting football to the number of students opting hockey
(iii) the number of students opting cricket to the total number of students.
Answers for the worksheet on ratio problems are given below to check the exact answers of the above word problems.
1. 45 and 27
2. 80° and 30°
3. Kate $ 105; Rose $ 120
4. 400, 504, 735
5. 10 kg
6. A = 75 kg, B = 30 kg and C = 50 kg
8. (i) 15 : 16
(ii) 3 : 1
(iii) 4 : 9
Math Home Work Sheets
From Worksheet on Ratio Problems to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.