The activity provided in the third grade math worksheet on division word problems is very important for the kids. Students need to read the questions carefully and then translate the information to solve the division problem and find the answers of each word problems. The sheet provides large collection of word problems using division for the kids to practice and test their knowledge.
1. 125 toffees were distributed equally among 25 boys. How many toffees did each boy get?
2. 675 grams of sweets were distributed among 9 children. How much sweet was given to each child?
3. One steel-plate weighs 30 gram. If the weight of some plates is 450 grams, find the number of plates.
4. The salary of a man of six months is $9450. Find his monthly salary.
5. If 17 tables cost $8245, what is the cost of one table?
6. 4 students can sit on a bench. How many benches are required for 4312
7. A fruit-seller bought 6584 apples. He threw 8 rotten apples away and packed the remaining apples in 16 baskets. Find the number of apples in each basket.
8. The product of two numbers is 1728. If one of the numbers is 48 then find the other number.
9. If a number when multiplied by 9 gave the product 3384, find the number.
10. There are 15 rows of equal number of soldiers. If all the soldiers are 375 in number. find how many soldiers are there in each row.
11. If 12 pairs of shoes cost $3888, what is the cost of each pair of shoes?
12. In a question on division the divisor is 48, quotient is 7 and remainder is 32. Find the dividend.
13. If dividend is 4893 and divisor is 14, find the quotient and remainder.
14. The distance between 8 pillars is 672 meters. Find the distance between two pillars.
Answers for worksheet on division word problems are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions using division.
1. 5 toffees
2. 75 grams
3. 15 plates
6. 1078 benches
7. 411 apples.
10. 25 soldiers
13. Quotient = 349 and remainder = 7
14. 96 meters
From Worksheet on Division Word Problems to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math. Use this Google Search to find what you need.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below. Ask a Question or Answer a Question.