Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on subtraction of money. We can try to solve the subtraction problems either using with conversion into paise or without conversion into paise.
Solve the following word problems on money:
1. Neeraj had Rs 175 with him. He gave Rs 53.25 to his brother to buy a color box. How much money is left with Neeraj?
2. Ritika bought a notebook for Rs 22.25. She gave a 50 rupee note to the shopkeeper. How much money did he return?
3. The price of a school bag is Rs 250.95 but Priya has only Rs 210.25. How much more money does she require to buy the bag?
4. The price of a bat has increased from Rs 350 to Rs 425.75. Find the increase in price.
5. The price of a tomato ketchup has been reduced from Rs 82.50 to Rs 61.05. Find the reduce in the price.
6. The cost of a bathroom sleeper is Rs 49.25. Due to off season sale, Priti got it from Rs 8.20 less. Find the money paid for the sleeper.
7. Aman had Rs 757 in his bank account. Later he withdrew Rs 396 from it. How much is the balance in his account?
8. By how much does Rs. 300 exceed Rs. 197.08?
9. What should be added to Rs. 135.15 to make it Rs. 300.00?
10. Morin bought a pen for Rs. 9.30. If she gave the shopkeeper a 10-rupee note, what amount would be returned by the shopkeeper?
11. Sam had Rs. 52.75 with him. He spent Rs. 37.92 in buying his notebook and marker-pen. How much money is left with him now?
12. Tammy purchased a jam-bottle for Rs. 36.00, a squash bottle for Rs. 29.50 and a hair oil bottle for Rs. 32.50. She gave the shopkeeper a 100-rupee note, how much money did the shopkeeper return as balance?
Answers for the worksheet on word problems on subtraction of money are given below.
1. Rs 121.75
2. Rs 27.75
3. Rs 40.70
4. Rs 75.75
5. Rs 21.45
6. Rs 41.05
7. Rs 361.00
8. Rs. 102.92
9. Rs. 164.85
10. Re. 0.70
11. Rs. 14.83
12. Rs. 2