Practice the questions given in the worksheet on circumference and area of circle. Students can recall the topic and practice the questions to get more ideas on how to find the circumference of the circle and the area of the circle.
1. Find the circumference of the circle whose radius is ………
(a) 12 cm
(b) 7.2 cm
(c) 15 mm (Take π = 22/7)
2. Find the area of the circle whose diameter is ………..
(a) 28 cm
(b) 10 cm
(c) 6.8 mm (Take π = 22/7)
3. If the circumference of a circular sheet is 176 m, find its area.
4. The area of a circle is 616 cm². Find its circumference.
5. From a circular sheet of a radius 5 cm, a circle of radius 3 cm is removed. Find the area of the remaining sheet.
6. Find the perimeter of the adjoining figure which is a semicircle including the diameter.
7. The diameter of a wheel is 70 cm. How many times the wheel will revolve in order to cover a distance of 110 m?
8. The ratio of the radii of two wheels is 4 : 5. Find the ratio of their circumference.
9. A well of diameter 150 cm has a stone parapet around it. If the length of the outer edge of the parapet is 616 cm, find the width of the parapet.
10. A thin wire is in the form of an equilateral triangle of side 11 cm. Find the area of a circle whose circumference is equal to the length of the wire.
11. Find the area of a circle whose circumference is same as the perimeter of square of side 22 cm.
12. From a rectangular metal sheet of size 20 cm by 30 cm, a circular sheet as big as possible is cut. Find the area of the remaining sheet.
13. Two circles have areas in the ratio 36 : 49. Find the ratio of their circumference.
14. Find the circumference of a wheel whose radius is 35 cm. Find the distance covered in 60 seconds, if it revolves 5 times per second.
15. The radius of a cycle wheel is 35 cm. Find the number of turns required to cover a distance of 1540 m.
16. A 3 m wide road runs around a circular park whose circumference is 132 m. Find the cost of fencing the outer boundary of the road at the rate of $10 per m.
17. A circular flowerbed is surrounded by a path 2.5 m wide. The diameter of the flower-bed is 40 m. Find the area of the path.
18. A square metallic frame has a perimeter 208 cm. It is bent in the shape of a circle. Find the area of the circle.
19. From a circular sheet of radius 18 cm, two circles of radii 4.5 cm and a rectangle of length 4 cm and breadth 1 cm are removed; find the area of the remaining sheet.
20. Find the area of a circle inscribed in a square of side 20 cm.
Answers for worksheet on circumference and area of circle are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions.
1. (a) 75³/₇ cm
(b) 45.25 cm
(c) 94²/₇ cm
2. (a) 616 cm²
(b) 78⁴/₇ cm²
(c) 36.33 mm²
3. 2464 m²
4. 88 cm
5. 50²/₇ cm²
8. 4 : 5
9. 23 cm
10. 86⁵/₈ cm²
11. 616 cm²
12. 285.71 cm²
13. 6 : 7
14. 660 m
17. 333.92 m²
18. 3441⁵/₁₁ cm²
19. 887 cm²
20. 314.2 cm².
● Mensuration - Worksheets