Recall the topic and practice the math worksheet on area and perimeter of squares. Students can practice the questions on area of squares and perimeter of squares.
1. Find the perimeter and area of the following squares whose dimensions are:
(a) 16 cm
(b) 5.3 m
(c) 2 m 37 cm
(d) 86 dm
2. Find the perimeter of a square whose area is 625 cm².
3. Find the area of the square whose perimeter is 440 cm.
4. The area of a square field is 100 ares. Find its perimeter.
5. How many square tiles of side 9 cm will be needed to fit in a square floor of a bathroom of side 720 cm. Find the cost of tiling at the rate of $75 per tile.
6. The areas of a square and rectangle are equal. If the side of the square is 20 cm and the breadth of the rectangle 10 cm, find the length of the rectangle and its perimeter.
7. If it costs $2400 to fence a square field at the rate of $6 per m, find the length of the side and the area of the field.
Perimeter = (Total cost)/(Cost per m²)
8. A wire in the shape of rectangle whose width is 22 cm is bent to form a square of side 31 cm. Find the length of the rectangle. Also, find which shape encloses more area.
9. The area of a square field is 81 hectares. Find the cost of fencing the field with a wire at the rate of $2.25 per m.
10. Convert the following units:
(a) 17 m²to cm²
(b) 18000 m² to hectares
(c) 3000 m² to ares
(d) 6.3 m² to mm²
(e) 3.7 hectares to ares
Answers for worksheet on area and perimeter of squares are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions.
1. (a) 64 cm, 256 cm²
(b) 21.2 m, 28.09 m²
(c) 9.48 m, 5.6169 m²
(d) 344 dm, 7396 dm²
2. 100 cm
3. 12100 cm²
4. 400 m
6. 40 cm, 100 cm
7. 100 m, 10000 m²
8. l = 40 cm, square
10. (a) 170000 cm²
(b) 1.8 hectares
(c) 30 ares
(d) 6300000 m²
(e) 370 ares
● Mensuration - Worksheets