Practice the math worksheet on third grade geometrical
shapes. The questions will help the students to get prepared for the third grade geometry test.
1. Name the types of surfaces that you know.
2. What types of surfaces do the following objects have?
(i) brinjal (long)
3. Name five solid shapes.
4. What is the difference between a cube and a cuboid?
5. Write down the number of faces, edges and vertices of the following:
6. Definition of:
7. What are the differences between a line, a line-segment and a ray?
8. What are the plane figures which are called basic shapes?
9. Write the number of sides and corners of the following:
10. Write ‘true’ or ‘false’ for each statement:
(i) A square has 4 sides and 4 vertices.
(ii) All the edges of a cuboid are equal.
(iii) All the edges of a cube are not equal.
(iv) A circle has a centre and a circumference.
(v) Only one line can pass through a point.
(vi) The diameter of a circle is double the length of its radius.
11. Follow the pattern and form a design then color it on your own choice to look the design colorful.
12. Form a model of a temple with the shapes of circles, squares, triangles, etc.
Answers for the worksheet on third grade geometrical shapes are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions in geometry solid figures.
1. Plane surface, curved surface, cylindrical.
2. (i) Cylindrical
3. Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone and Sphere.
5. (i) Cuboid has 6 faces, 12 edges and 8 vertices.
(ii) Cylinder has 3 faces, 2 edges and no vertices.
(iii) Sphere has 1 face (curved), no edges and no vertex.
9. (i) A square has four sides and four corners
(ii) A triangle has three sides and three corners
(iii) A circle has one side (circumference) and no corners
10. (i) True