The activity provided in the third grade math
worksheet on subtraction word problems is very important for the kids. Students
need to read the questions carefully and then translate the information to
solve the subtraction problem and find the answers of each word problems. The
sheet provides large collection of word problems using subtraction for the kids
to practice and test their knowledge.
1. Out of 8797 children of town, 6989 go to school. How many children do not go to school?
2. I had $5000 with me. Out of it $3585 was spent. Now how much money do I have?
3. There were 473 students in class V of a school. Out of them 461 passed and were promoted to the next class. How many students did not get promoted?
4. Mike had $4876 in his savings bank account. He withdrew $1873. How much money does he have now in his savings bank account?
5. By how much is 3756 less than 5433?
6. By how much is 4897 less than 6123?
7. By how much is 698 less than 553?
8. By how much is 3162 less than 2526?
9. Sara earns $6955 monthly as her salary. She saves $1565 monthly. What is her monthly expenditure?
10. The cost of a television is $ 7069 and that of a cycle is $2359. By how much does the television cost more than the cycle?
11. A cement merchant had 8436 bags of cement in his godown. He sold 3565 bags of cement. Now how many bags are left in the godown?
12. A grain merchant had 9736 kilograms of wheat in his stock. He sold 6859 kilograms of wheat. How much wheat has he in his stock now?
13. My father wants to buy a washing machine that costs $8580. But he has only $7560. How much more money does he need?
14. Sam made a journey of 8473 km. Out of this, he covered 4253 km by train and the rest by car. How many km did he cover by car?
15. The difference between two numbers is 1307. If the larger number is 9577, find the smaller one.
Answers for worksheet on subtraction word problems are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions using subtraction.
1. 1808 children
3. 12 students
11. 4871 bags
12. 2877 kg
14. 4220 km.