Practice the questions given in the worksheet on printed price rate of sales tax and selling price.
1. The printed price of a DVD player is $ 7500. If a sales tax of 8% is realised from the buyer, find the price at which the DVD player is sold?
2. The listed price of a refrigerator is $ 9700. If a sales tax of 6% is charged from the buyer, find the selling price of the refrigerator.
3. The price of a colour TV is $ 13440, inclusive of sales tax. If the printed price of the colour TV be $ 12000 then find the rate of sales tax.
4. Rahul buys a pair of shoes whose marked price is $ 500. He has to pay a sales tax of $ 40. Find the rate of sales tax.
5. The selling price of an article becomes 27/25 times the listed price due to the inclusion of sales tax. Find the rate of sales tax.
6. the price of a camera is $ 9810 inclusive of sales tax. If the rate of sales tax is 9%, find the printed price of the camera.
7. The rate of sales tax on trousers is 10%. One can buy a pair of trousers at $ 660. What is the marked price?
8. The rate of sales tax on the marked price of an article is 6% and it is available at $ 371. If the rate of sale tax increases 8%, find the price at which the article is available.
9. If the rate of sales tax reduces by 4%, the selling price of an article comes down by $ 100. Find the marked price of the article.
10. The price of a TV set inclusive of sales tax of 9% is 17407. Find its marked price. If the sales tax is increased to 13%, how much more does the customer pay for the TV set?
11. Last year, an article was sold with a sales tax of 10% on the marked price. This year, the rate of sales tax becomes 12%. What is the percentage in the amount that a customer has to pay this year to buy it if the marked price remains the same?
Answers for the worksheet on printed price rate of sales tax and selling price are given below.
1. $ 8100
6. $ 9000
7. $ 600
8. $ 378
9. $ 2500
10. $ 12,300, $ 492
11. 1.82%Profit Loss Involving Tax