Practice the questions given in the worksheet on calculating discount on marked price (M.P.) We know, discount means, a reduction in the price which is always calculated on the marked price of the article.
1. An article is marked at $5000, and is sold at a discount of 10%. Find the selling price of the article.
2. A machine is marked at $300 and is sold at a discount of 15%. Find the discount given and the selling price of the machine.
3. A bookseller gives 10% discount. Find the price paid by the customer for a book which is marked $62.
4. Find the selling price of an article which was marked at $240 and on which a discount of 8% was given.
5. Mike sells his goods at 15% discount. Find the price of an article which is sold for $680.
6. A retailer
allows 12% discount on the printed price of the article. What does a customer
pay for the article priced at $150?
7. An article is marked at $320, are sold at a discount of 15 percent. Find
(ii) selling price of the shoes.
8. For clearing off the old stock, a shopkeeper gives a discount of 10% on the goods. State the sale price of an item which was labeled $402.
9. An article is marked at $1650 and is available at a discount of 20%. Find:
(i) the discount given.
(ii) the selling price of the article.
10. A shopkeeper allows 20% discount on the marked price of his articles. Find the marked price of an article for which he charges $560.
Answers for the worksheet on calculating discount on marked price are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions on discount.
2. $45; 10% loss
7. (i) $48
9. (i) $330
● Profit And Loss - WorksheetsWorksheet on Calculating Overhead Charges
Discount and Discount Percent